FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety, please help me. Alone and sad.

Yenny
Community Member
Hello everyone, thanks for reading. I've been feeling very bad since two months ago, since I found that my partner with whom I live together for more than 3 months was still cheating on me on social media, talking and practicing sexting with other girls on snapchat and others. Since this happened, my encouragement of being with him has changed. In the past I decided to trust in him many times and He always kept doing it. He hurted me a lot and although he says he has changed since a few weeks ago, I really do not believe him. We have a had a good relationship, amazing but unfortunately I’m just now seeing what kind of person is him, what is his other face also because he have told me lots of things of his past, situation that I didn’t like and makes me wonder what I’m doing. He a good man but unfortunately I have my doubts about him and some resentment. 😞 On the other hand I am an international student, and all the money I earn working as a cleaner, goes to pay for my school which is very expensive and to pay debts, my parents have helped me by sending me some money now and when I finished paying my school I will send them back the money, but the truth I live stressed by this topic too. I have felt lonely, I cry all the time, I feel unhappy, I feel that I am not the same as before, I do not laugh like before, because I am usually a very happy person. Apart from everything I get sick a lot even though I eat well, and the doctor tells me it's stress. I have tried to change this situation and I know that I have to change my way of being and feeling but sometimes I am not capable. I live thinking about the future and even more because with my partner we have plans for me to stay here in Australia as a resident and for us to continue with our home but the truth is that I feel insecure about that, I am very afraid of being betrayed again. The truth is many things that overwhelm me. Is there someone who wants to give me advice?
1 Reply 1

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yenny,

Hi and welcome to beyond blue.

I assume from your post that you are at Uni. Please let me know if I am wrong. And from what you are saying there is a lot going on in your life that is worrying you at the moment like finances, partner cheating, etc.

First of all, you did the right thing by speaking with a GP about your situation.You are not alone here either. Myself and many other users also deal with anxiety on a daily basis, so you will be supported by us all in this space.

Also given your concern re money, have you considered talking to the school/Uni counselors? They might be able to help you regarding the situation. Are there other students you might be able to talk to otherwise?

Can I ask what changes you have made to try to improve the situation?

As for resources to help you...

• you could start with the threads on grounding and mindfulness
  • you could also install some mental health apps on your phone such as smiling minds, or relax melodies
  • there are also books (there is a thread here on books also) such as "the happiness trap" you could look at.

The last thing I would hope to ask is whether you have been or are able to speak with your partner about your worries and the impact of his actions on you?

There are other things I could ask, but at the moment might have given you information overload, so these can wait til later. I hope you come back to chat some more.

Sending you peace and comforting thoughts,

Tim