FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Looking for help

Amynena
Community Member

Hi,

I am looking for some advice/assurance etc about how I am feeling.

I'm 21 years old and commenced at university this year and for most of the first semester I had been doing great. Towards the last few weeks I hit a wall and lost all motivation and now this has carried over into my second semester. I feel down, lost and disinterested in it all. I am finding I am getting teary and missing my family a fair bit at the moment. have hardly been sleeping (2-3 hours a night) and when I manage to sleep it is very restless and broken. It has been ongoing for awhile now and am wondering if this is all part of being a uni student or is it something more? 

If anyone could give me some guidance/help that would be great. 

1 Reply 1

Harriette
Community Member

Hey,

I know how you feel.

I'm only in year 7 and I don't know much about uni but I think it would be best to go see your GP because doing well in university is very important.

If you think your just feeling disinterested, you could maybe do something to inspire you to carry on.

I'm a little bit bored in class at the moment (one of the many downsides of being smart) but I'm looking forward to high school and meeting new people. Maybe think of what your looking forward to after you finish uni.

Hope you feel better soon.

Harriette