FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I feel like i'm not liked and accepted in my school at all.

the_one_1
Community Member

Everyone runs away from me. In my group, everyone runs away and then the others follow leaving me alone. Our group had split apart due to unexplained reasons and no one treats me fairly. I'm nice to everyone and all I get is crap. 

There is also this girl I like, I asked someone who knows the girl I like to find out who she actually likes. That person came back to me and said that the girl I like likes someone else. Yet she still shows me signs of liking me which are:

Yet when I saw the girl I like she calls me by a nickname which her and her friend came up with. I had asked out a girl previously and this girl found out. One of the girls in my class asked me how my girlfriend was and I said I didn't have a girlfriend. After this, the girl I like started calling me by the nickname she came up with again (She stopped calling me by the nickname after finding out I asked out a girl) and also saying Awwwwwww [nickname] after seeing my school photo. (she extended the length of my nickname instead of just saying it normally)

I said something that wasn't funny and she laughed and said LOL

Should I trust the person I asked to find out who the girl I like likes?, Could it be that the girl I like lied so that it doesn't pass around the school and that I might get scared off?

I'm not happy at all given that I feel i'm not accepted in my school. I just want to find someone who I can talk to and trust with my feelings who I can also help and be with because I like them. Could me being Indian also contribute to all this happening to me?

5 Replies 5

vip
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi the one could you maybe forget about girls for a while and just hand out with friends play sport see a movie its just seeming too hard and complicated for you now. Its got nothing to do with you being indian i have italian background so who really cares. Maybe look for 1` person in that school to be friends with and forget about the girls go back to girls when you are older and more mature just enjoy life you are young and free some of us would love to be in your position . Good luck.

The_Real_David_Charles
Community Member

Dear the one,

I don't get it.   You post an intense thread, get a few responses, then hardly ever make another comment before you make another thread.   It's been this pattern for a couple of weeks now.   Maybe you find it helpful just to   to vent.   I'm not sure that responding will achieve anything while you are in this mental state.

I'm married to an Indian and she had lots of friends/etc and has done remarkably well in life.  In another 2 years she will complete her 2nd Ph D in Music & the Brain.  There was some bullying for her as her family arrived 1 yr after the White Australia Policy was abandoned in 1970.  Lots of name calling.  Lots of racial taunts.  Lots of totally misunderstood cries that she was Red Indian (i.e. USA) and not Indian !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The whole gamut.

But it's what's inside that counts.  Plus, you do seem to try a bit too hard with girls and expect instant connections.  Do me a favour and go back to all your recent threads and try reading and replying to the responses if you have time.   Otherwise you are stuck in a sort of   time warp and all the advice from   more experienced adults (which is often thought about a great deal before being typed in) is kind of ignored or wasted.  As possibly this response will be.

You might need to expect less from being "the one 1" at this time and maybe grow and mature into something special later on in life.   As I always say, there's no disappointment without expectation.  Chill out if you can.

Sorry - sound like a father of teenagers.  But I am !  My bad.

Adios, David.

PS  The old threads you've submitted will be in MY POSTS - probably a few between the front page and page 8.  Just takes a bit of searching.   Go and see what pearls of wisdom you already have. Please.

Lust2Dust
Community Member

I think times like these you have to be yourself. if your a nice guy like you said your friends will realize what that are missing and start talking to you again, if they don't then you know its time to find new friends that deserve your company. and with regards to knowing if the girl likes you, then i think it would be best to just ask her, the worst thing she can say is no and then you know where you stand

vip
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi the one you need to start accepting your indian culture and be proud for who you are. My husband has a lengthy italian name and he just shortens it. We live in a wonderful country here where there are plenty of nationalities. You maybe need to distance yourself from this group and find some more genuine friends dont change yourself for nobody just be yourself whoever doesnt like it its there loss.

Dennis38
Community Member

First I am going to assume you are In High school correct me if I am wrong though what I am going to say pertains pretty much to most of life anyways so here goes.

First the only person you can honeslty trust is yourself, you are the one that will look out for yourself. Friends and family will look out for what They feel is best for you, what they think is best for you may not be the best for you, its just human nature. Now that being said ask the girl, worse thing she is going to do is say no thank you, and even if she says she is not into you in that way you could still walk away with a great friend.

I was and, hell fire still am, one of those "weird" people I never fit into school and I still find that I do not fit into school that well and I am 38 and going after my third Degree, currently I hold a BS in computer networking and an MIS and now for some hair brained idea going after an MBA with a con in Marketing. If you are in High school trust me its not the end of the world if a few people do not like you. As for you being Indian and people running away from you well if its because you are Indian then you are better off with out those bigots in your life.

Its not easy being in high school the adults tell you what to do, you want to fit in, and when you try to tell people how you are feeling they tend to tell you to bugger off or grow up or what ever. But I will make you this promise high school is not the end of the world its not even the world, its simply a stepping stone to bigger and better things later on down the road. Hard to wait I know and you are going to have ups and downs we all did, but hard as it is to see or understand you will live though high school.

So my friend go ask that girl how she feels, be polite, be nice, and if she says no she is not interested in you in "that way" ask her if she wants to be a friend, your heart will mend from that little crack if she says she is not interested in you and just means that there is someone out there still waiting for you to find.

We get so caught up (even the adults) in finding Mr or Mrs Right that we tend to miss the things right in front of us, we miss good friends, we miss the trees in the forest. Its called life, open your eyes, enjoy it, have some laughs, have your heart broken a time or two, it makes us better people.

And remember always always find a reason to laugh. Laughter is the one true medicine that can bring a smile to an other wise dark dark day!!!