FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Heya ^_^

ThousandMiles
Community Member

Hi everyone, I just joined and wanted to say hello!

I'm Cherry, I'm 17 and I love k-pop, Japanese movies, learning languages, playing piano, cute things, gothic horror, cats and chai lattes. Would love to make some new friends (:

I'm currently struggling with generalised anxiety, social phobia as an offshoot of that, melancholic depression and body dysmorphic disorder. And these things decided to come forward at the end of last year, just before year 12. So convenient 😕 I'm seeing a psychologist and a psychiatrist, my parents are supportive and even though my friends don't really understand, I have a couple who are being lovely to me. 
I'm so grateful for those things, but it's still hard, so I'm hoping to meet people who are going through the same kind of things, and hopefully give and receive some help on here :3 

I know I can get through this, and I know every single one of you can overcome and be bigger than whatever you're going through, too. Even if it's hard, we can all do this 😄 x

13 Replies 13

MrLoser
Community Member

Hello

I think you should be thankful for having a supportive family. I'm sure you will get through it. You seem to have a bright future ahead of you. You need just to stay strong.

Good luck

Suzbj
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi ThousandMiles, I'm sure you are thankful for a supportive family but that does not have anything to do with depression, generalised anxiety, social phobia etc. Okay, the only thing that is freaking me out here in your post is Chai Lattes!! Yuk!! But all good. It is great to read your post and to see you connect on the BB forums which can certainly have your back through posts and through the BB team. Did you see there is a forum for your age group. Just wondering if it would be good for you to connect with your peers/same age group? But happy to hear from you any time on the general depression posts. You sound lovely. What you need is to learn the tools and skills to get through what you are going through so you can then go and take on the world! 🙂 I get the impression you have a great sense of humour - always a plus. That's all I've got for today. Take careSuz xx By the way, I'm old enough to be your grandmother!! He he! 52. PS: Umm... what's Kpop??? 🙂  

ThousandMiles
Community Member

Thank you for the replies 😄

"MrLoser", I am definitely grateful 🙂 (to both my family, and to you for your reply XD) And hey, you will get through it too, and I bet you also have a bright future ahead of you. It just might be hard for you to see right now. But it's still there 🙂

"Suzbj", wow, I didn't realise how diverse in age the community is! Haha, sorry to hear you don't like chai lattes.Do you like coffee? 
I will definitely check out the forum for younger people, thank you for the suggestion! And thank you for your kind words x
And k-pop is Korean pop music, by the way 😄

Suzbj
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Ha ha ThousandMiles! Yes love coffee but hate milk. Like cooked milk. Cool re Korean pop. I must say, you are so switched on for someone as young as you. Don't get me wrong. Young is good. But young with brains and insight is awesome!! You have got it going on girl!!! (Okay, watched Oprah or a music clip sometime way beck ha ha). Still, it is true. You really are so cool.

Cheers

Suz

Suzbj
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

That was meant to be hate milk like cooked milk - okay being **** 🙂

Thanks so much again, you made my night C: 
You seem really lovely, hope we can talk more in the near future 😄

Hey there 1000Miles (did you see what I did there?  Clever hey?  Not bad for an old-ish bloke - just 4 years shy of Suz)

So yes, I'm definitely old enough to be your father, but as for grand-father, Suz, turn it up!  😉  🙂

K-Pop - ok, so I've learnt something today.

It does sound like you've got a lot of support and things working for you, which is brilliant to read.

I have posted to you on another thread as well ... and it's great that you've come here to seek further support and hopefully some good advice from the wise folk here.

ps:  what do you think of "Imagine Dragons" ... my daughter (13yo) has got me into them and I think they're awesome.  🙂

Neil

Hi 😄 (haha, nice XD)

🙂

Glad to be spreading the word of k-pop! 

Yeah, I am very grateful for the support I have. And I really hope that you and everyone else here is able to get the support you deserve ^_^ 

Thanks, I'll give your reply a read now 😄

Imagine Dragons are pretty good! I like "Radioactive" a lot 🙂

dear Cherry, well I loved your first comment at the top of this page, you seem to a wonderful kid, well almost 18 soon, oh take me back to those days with the knowledge and experience I now have, but don't all us oldies always say that.

Does seeing a psychologist and a psychiatrist help you in a different way.

With all of these illnesses it must be difficult for you at such an inconvenient time, so I hope that we can help you as well, as it's always good to talk to people who have either been through or still struggling with depression, and with this word it involves a great of off shoots.

But it's lovely to have you join us. Geoff. x