FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Stressed, ocd, fatique

Leolion
Community Member

Hi there. Been troubled with extreme ocd and post natal depession. My son is now 4.5.

I feel like everything spiralled put of hand 2 months ago. We returned from a family holiday. My son was sick and received antibiotics and was not eating or drinking. I felt stressed out. He eventally got better. I have always stuggled with him eating meals. This coupled with my ocd and flu being largely covered in the media stressed me out. I kept my son home from kindy. He went to get a flu shot and the dr refused asking how long he had his cough for - this was another illness he caught. I said 2 weeks and he prescribed antibiotcs. He said he didnt give them lightly. He then went to kindy and had his flu shot 1 week later. 2 days into kindy he developed a really bad cough and woke up at 4.30am every morning with high temps 39. He vomited 2 and was unable to eat as he coughed so much. 6 days later i took him to the dr who gave him antibiotics again and said he had the flu. Firstly i was completely unaware that antibiotics don't cure viruses sorry i was stupid. 5 days later i got shivers, vomiting and generally unwell. Went to see my gp and he said i had a bad throat and i had a uti, he checked my boy and said his was awful too. By this time he also had and earache and conjunctivitis. He was prescribed abs again and told to discard the ones he was on already. I have since become concerned and will be finding a new GP. But I'm having trouble moving on from this and the damage ive done. I havent been able to sleep. Cry all day. Extreme fatique. I have been at home unable to leave the house for a month. Only for appointments. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I have a counseling appointment at a womens health clinic on Monday and friday and gp appointment on wed. Hoping to find one that understands my worries for my son and explain that my brother passed away at 10 month's due to complications of a chest infection. I blame myself as a first time mum. When my son was unwell the first time i had just moved into a new area and saw the first dr available who said he needed antibiotics and i never questioned it. I know i cant go back but my mind and thoughts are crushing me.

2 Replies 2

Bambiigrrl
Community Member
Hi hun. Are you on medication? The only way ive been able to recover from pnd was taking an ssri. It helped me to think rationally and gave me my energy back, and stopped the constant anxiety. I would also recommend cbd oil. Also please get your thyroid levels checked if you havnt already.

Bambiigrrl
Community Member
Also please remind yourself that your son is not your brother. Your son can recover with tlc and so can you. Sending you big hugs you are not alone