FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi there lovely people

Crepe Myrtle
Community Member
Just wanted to make contact, i'm a bit of a technophobe & anxious about this whole online thing! But I need to find community, need to reach out after such isolation. Trying to look after myself as i have no local support, no that's not true, my dog is always by my side. Things have been really hard for some time now. Could do with a virtual hug. Thanks for reading.
19 Replies 19

Sophie_M
Hi there Crepe Myrtle,

Welcome to our friendly online community. We are so grateful that you decided to reach out here today as we know it can be really tough to do this for the first time. We think it's a great way to find community. 

Hopefully a few of our welcoming community members will pop by soon to welcome you and offer some words of support and advice. In the meantime, we wanted to share with you our page on activating your support network for anyone who's finding it tough and feels a little isolated.

Don't worry if you're a bit of a technophobe! It looks like you have everything under control, but if you ever want a bit of advice on using the forums, there's always the Forums FAQ thread.

Thanks again for sharing with us here, Crepe Myrtle. 

Kind regards, 

Sophie M

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Crepe Myrtle,

Wellcome to our forums!

Im glad you have a dog they are great company.

We are all a very caring community and are here to support you.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Crepe Myrtle

I also am a bit of. Technophobe and often embarrass myself by not knowing things that others do.
you have started a thread Nd made a couple of posts so well done . I took many years after I joined until I made a post.

This is a great support community snd you will find by helping others you will feel supported.

Welcome .

Thanks Petal,

I'm treasuring my dog right now, she's having surgery tomorrow to remove a nasty tumour. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Quirkywords,

I do hope that I can be of some support to others while getting the support I need too. I joined a couple of years ago but only posted yesterday!

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Crepe Myrtle..

Im really sorry Crepe Myrtle that your finding life really hard right now...

I read your gorgeous fur baby is having a tumour removed tomorrow and wanted to wish her all the best luck I have..

I live alone, with my 2 fur babies who are the greatest supports I can ever have...They are always with me, through tears, loneliness and happy times...

These forums are full of wonderful people, reaching out for help as well as reaching out to those who need help and support...I am pleased that you have decided to reach out to us...and hope so much that we can help support you...

My kindest thoughts Crepe Myrtle....I have a beautiful mauve Crepe Myrtle just inside my drive way...Which is housing a crested dove and 2 babies...Do you like Crepe Myrtles...

I love giving hugs, it takes to to hug...here’s a warm comforting hug 🤗 lovely Crepe Myrtle...

Grandy..

Grandy, your words have put a smile on my face when i was ready to cry. Thank you.

My darling dog has been my best friend for 12 years. I lost my other one 2 years ago, almost to the day, to cancer.

I do love crepe myrtles, i've just acquired one that has very dark, almost black leaves & bright red flowers.

Thanks for the hug, I'm sending one back to you and to all the people out there.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Fear Crepe Myrtle...

I am pleased that my words put a smile on your face..so much better then crying...although it’s okay to cry, and not be okay always...

I am sorry to hear that you lost your other little fur baby 2 years ago...It would have been devastating for you...I do so much that your fur girl will heal quickly after her surgery tomorrow....The are a big part of our lives....

If your feeling anxious, sad, or down or anything tomorrow please don’t hesitate to talk here if you feel up to it...We are all here for you and your fur baby.....Hopefully we can help you in some small way...

You’re new Crepe Myrtle sounds beautiful..the bright red flowers against the dark black leaves will be so picturesque...

Thank you for your hug...It’s been so long I can’t remember when I last had a hug from r/l (real life) people.....

My care, hugs and pats to you and your pet...

Grandy..

Banksy92
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Crepe Myrtle, and a very warm welcome to the community! We're thrilled to have you.

If you've been feeling alone and in need of connection you've come to the right place. I can understand the struggle of wanting to find my 'tribe', it's not easy. Despite your technophobia, the BB forums are a great place to connect, share your story and lean on others like you when you need it most.

How did your precious fur-baby go with the surgery? I hope all went well.

Whenever you're comfortable, we'd love to hear a bit more about who you are and what you have been feeling lately. Where ever we can, we will try to offer support and advice.

Hope to hear from you soon.