FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi All Sea Eagle here

Sea_Eagle_2021
Community Member
Hi just joined the Website. I suffer from depression and it seems to be cyclic , as in i am on top of the world on week and then won't leave my bedroom the next week, i was on medication and seriously thinking about getting back on to it. I am anxious when i hear my phone ding with a text message . I am fearing a text from my Ex wife who has given me hell over the years. or fearing that something has happen to my rental property , where previous tennants have treated my house like a dump . Little things set me off to depression. I have a loving partner but i find difficulties in making friends and feel very anxious around potential friends . And also i get this feeling of being small and invisible when my partner is talking to one of her friends . its a hatered feeling toward my partner that i am getting ignored , when i understand that is is not her fault at all.
2 Replies 2

Megzt84
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Sea Eagle 2021,

Its not a nice feeling when you can be so up and down all the time. I’ve gone through that before and I almost feel like when I’m feeling so good I know Im going to come crashing down.

I think it could be a good idea to speak to your GP to see if maybe you do need to start taking medication again or maybe go on a mental health plan.

When you talk about your partner, you could be having these feelings because you’re dealing with depression and anxiety. Maybe youre feeling a little insecure and overthinking what is happening. It’s such an easy thing to do, especially if you are dealing with anxiety.

Anxiety is not an easy thing to live with and it’s great that you’re aware of how you’re feeling.

missep123
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Sea Eagle 2021,

I am really sorry to hear that. It must be so hard to feel so up one day and then down the next.

I also agree with Megzt84, I believe seeing your GP may be a good idea to start. Especially when we go through tough times I think it's very important to seek the extra support we need.

I also think open communication with your partner can be helpful. Sometimes I get anxious or stressed about certain things and I get worried to tell my partner but once I tell them I feel much better.

Please keep us updated. We are definitely here for you!