FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling nervous

Candy_floss
Community Member
New to forum, hello 
5 Replies 5

Guest_5218
Community Member

Hello Candy Floss,

Well that was a very short introduction!

But may I be the first to welcome you to the BB Forums.

Tell us more about yourself.  What is making you feel nervous?

Sherie xx

Feeling nervous about being part of this forum, be nice just to talk to people who will accept and understand me. Sometimes I feel out of control and angry, I think Ive forgotten how to be happy!!

Hi Candy,

I only joined yesterday. Was nervous too but everyone is super lovely. Are you struggling with anything that you would like to talk about?

KT

Just want to be happy, Im always stressed, always worried about what people think, Im not sure I even like who I am!  Im 40, have 4 children and a sometimes great husband, whats wrong with me, am I normal, I dont even know!

Hey Candy,

lol, what's normal? Maybe u should go to your gp and ask for a mental health care plan. You will be able to see a psychologist then. They may be able to tell u if there is something more to it. I have found it really beneficial to talk to psychologists when issues arise. I even check in with them when I'm doing ok too. Once you get to a healthy mental wellbeing then you have to maintain it. I would suggest you start there.

4 kids is a huge load for anyone. Hope the school holidays r going ok? Have you got some activities that u can do to 'chill out' when things get too much? I'm into the adult colouring in books at the moment. They help take my mind off things. I'm one that needs to keep my brain busy or it tends to wander. Feeling it these holidays. Have you got any friends that you can call on for a chat or a coffee? It took me a long time to ask for help from friends but super glad that I did. 

Keep talking on here. I think people are fairly accepting here and have experienced a few things themselves so never be afraid to share (mind u I've only been on here a day but everyone seems very supportive). 

Kate