FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Seeking professional help for anxiety.

Lillypad02
Community Member

Hi everyone, first time on here 🙂

I have suffered anxiety for a long time now and am only just seeking help because it's getting very bad. I'm worried it will turn into depression. I'm so sick of feeling nervous, worried and anxious all the time. Should I go to the doctor and will they refer me to a phycologist or councellor? Or should I just find a good one myself? don't want medication if I can help it? 

1 Reply 1

Jacko777
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Lillypad02,

Welcome to the Beyond Blue forums, I am glad you have posted. There are certainly lots of people on this site that understand what you are going through, you are not alone.

Yes, I think you should go to your doctor, you could have a look at the 'Get Started Now' resource on this page under the 'Get Support' tab, it will give you a clearer picture of what you are dealing with. There are also links there to finding professionals in your area. 

You say you are sick of it, you are turning a corner, seek some help and you can make a mental health plan that will bring you to greater calmness and happiness. Keep us posted, love to you.

Jacko