FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Medications Phobia

Bulletin_Board_Archive
Beyond Blue Staff
Beyond Blue Staff
Originally posted by: Scott2 on 26 October 2012

Hi guys i have my medication finally, Now out of all things a fear kicks in regarding them perhaps normal . It's like i have 2 brains arguing with one another, one saying take, other saying no no!. Although i know the rational says yes you need them for now , I know many of us don't like taking them, fearful of them, side effects and hope they work , I also read it can be very hit and miss just have to find that right one. I just have to look at it like i would an Antibiotic for a bad infection, well the same thing for the mind. Oh well I will get past it with the 1st one hopefully, perhaps I'll take it with some of that Pav!!. Bye for now sunny day out there S2
13 Replies 13

Bulletin_Board_Archive
Beyond Blue Staff
Beyond Blue Staff
Originally posted by: geoff on 1 November 2012

hi Scotty, as well vitamin B complex which is good for when we get old, so my doctor tells me, but she also has put me on fish oil tablets as well as folic acid and an antioxidant formulation, maybe a bit expensive unless you can get a script. Geoff.

Bulletin_Board_Archive
Beyond Blue Staff
Beyond Blue Staff
Originally posted by: scotty on 3 November 2012

Thanks Geoff i will add that to my list "Fish oil".and add them into the Pill Organizer it's grown like my age...:)

tlrockliff
Community Member

I went to a psychiatrist a few years ago as my hubby knows i suffer from depression so he finally talked me into it. I did three months of her telling me to stop drinking then she said i do need tablets then goodbye. She told me to go to the doctor so i never and i still ain't on them. I can't go to the doc unless i am in major pain. I just can't i need help please.

Hi tlrockliff its worth going sometimes it can help,can alwasy try it see if it does help nothings set in stone right? TC..