FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New Dosage

Chin_Up
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all fellow bber's,

My doctor recently increased my anti-depressant from 10mg to 20mg. I was just starting to feel great on the first dosage but now I have similar side effects from when I first started medication, the insomnia is exhausting.

Do you think I will adjust to the increased dosage faster the second time around? Shattered I'm back in this position.

ChinUp.

2 Replies 2

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
dear Chin Up, why did your doctor increase the dosage if you were feeling great. The increase depends on what sort of antidepressant you are on, the one that I am taking the maximum dosage for this is 50 mg, but they all vary. The answer to your question because it's already in your system it should settle down much quicker, if not go back to your doctor. Geoff.

Chin_Up
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Geoff,

Thankyou for replying.

I guess saying that I was feeling great, was a bit of an overstatement. I was just feeling much better then when I was first diagnosed, I was still having really horrible days. So I guess that's why she wanted to increase the dosage?

I hope that your right, not keen on waiting another 6 weeks for it to settle in.

ChinUp.