FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Clinical Neuropsychology Assessment

iforget
Community Member

Hi, I am in the Geelong, Melbourne, Victoria area.

I’ve been told that I need to get a clinical neuropsychology assessment done. My memory has been very bad, short & long term. I had a car accident in early 1990 or it could be a number of things.

I would like to know;

• A: Can anyone recommend somewhere to go? It’s hard to find any reviews by anyone on an actual assessment. Qualifications are vague in regards to an Dr’s clinical neuropsychology qualifications and I am having trouble finding a worthwhile clinic.

Currently I am booked into a practice in Geelong. There is a wait and it may of been a panic made appointment as apposed to a rational decision as to where to go.

• B: Have you ever had a clinical neuropsychology assessment? What can you tell me about it, what could I expect?

I believe there is a portion of fear I may be experiencing in regards to a decision, apprehension. It is expensive and I am not at all well off. I am on a pension.

2 Replies 2

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

I havent had this enquiry before. Here we have several Community Champions that use their lived experience in mental health to help others overcome life's challenges. I'm feeling a good possibility you wont get the information you need here.

Therefore I can only suggest you either wait for that appointment in Geelong or make google/phone enquiries in nearby Melbourne. I had a very rich friend once (dec) that got cancer and could have travelled all around the world with his resources but the best care was actually where he lived in Perth. So I wouldnt judge your local clinic as to how well they can treat you.

Good luck.

TonyWK 

emrad
Community Member

Hey there! 
I work in disability and support services and am familiar with the region. My first preference is always Geelong Neuropsychology with Jo Sherry or Michelle Morandin, second is Geelong Bodi Mind. But if you’re with Geelong Neuropsychology, yes there is a waitlist but well worth it! 

Hope that helps