FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

struggling with special needs children

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Does anyone else have children with special needs.I am struggling with mine.My youngest cant use a toilet when their at the age they should be.I am getting tired of changing them,does that make me a bad parent?The constant hyperepisodes are taking their strain especially that i am going through other personal stuff in my life
1,005 Replies 1,005

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Sleepy yes it has happened a few times this year.Its not good and shouldn't happen.

Hopefully my daughter can get something working with animals .One pet store was impressed with her resume.

Take care,

Mark.

Ric65
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello,

Yes it is disappointing but will it be helpful if you could speak to the principal? If that does not help, would it be possible to speak to someone who can mediate on your behalf? Speak to the board members maybe if that will help.

Really great to hear that your daughter is wanting to join the RSPCA. A really great cause.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Ric yes we will go and have a meeting before school goes back with his teacher,principle and special needs teacher.This certainly will be bought up and has been in the past.And we usually have a meeting during the year.

Ric65
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
Hi Matchy69. That is great to hear. Please do keep us posted. There may other avenues that we can look at if needed.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
This morning I took my son to get his blood test that he has regularly and he was so scared and shaking even though he has them regularly he is always so scared.It really breaks my heart seeing him like that .The lady who did the test was lovely and very good with him which helped and we did the paperwork after the test.I bought him a treat after as he had to fast.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Trying to go through the minefield of Centrelink for my daughter.Its so hard to work out.I got a social worker to help me with mine over 30 years ago but can't seem to get one to help with my daughter's.

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Matchy,

I'm sorry your son was distressed having a blood test, all kids hate needles but I'm glad the person doing it was kind.

Centrelink is a nightmare to deal with, I honestly think they deliberately make it as hard as possible for people, you have my sympathy!!! 😒👍

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Mark, my friend who is in her late 30s told me until she was 31 she used to ask her mother to go with her every time she got a blood test! For some ppl it's so rough and scary and the worst time....I hope Ur son is feeling better

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Hanna it's just a nightmare filling at forms .They are filled but now don't who signs them as she 18 in 6 weeks time.I am not sure if a parent has to or she can.This is why I wanted a social worker to help fill at the forms.The person on the phone from Centrelink was ride and unhelpful.I had social worker fill at my forms and it made it so easy.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi sleepy it wouldn't surprise me that people still get scared and need that support in their 30s.zi could imagine my son will.My nephew who is 18 months younger then my son came over yesterday and his reading level was so much higher then my son's.

Another thing my daughter who is almost 18 still has security blanket that she carries around the house here so I hope I can get the DSP for her.