FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

struggling with special needs children

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Does anyone else have children with special needs.I am struggling with mine.My youngest cant use a toilet when their at the age they should be.I am getting tired of changing them,does that make me a bad parent?The constant hyperepisodes are taking their strain especially that i am going through other personal stuff in my life
1,005 Replies 1,005

That's terrible Mark, I'm so sorry. I hope you and the owners of the house are ok

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Mark...

Im really sorry to hear that...I can understand how that would have been very hard to see.....hope everyone that lived their are safe...That’s the main thing Mark...

Are you okay Mark?..Here if you need to talk...

Kind thoughts with care dear Mark..

Grandy..

I hope your kids are ok too Mark

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
The police said the fire was started in a car from mice eating wires that was parked next to the house.Their is a nice plague here at the moment.When I was a child the house across the road from me burnt down.Bought back some scarey memories.

That's terrible, I hope everyone's ok Mark. I hope you didn't have flashbacks. They should do something about the mice, that's disgusting

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Mark...That’s so possible..In my other house, the mice ate through the chord of my micro wave and when I put it on..their was a bright light and it blew my power off...

Oh Yes mice plague...we have them everywhere here...I am thankful that they are the field mice and not the sewage mice that live in the city...

Mark...Please try to distract those triggering thoughts if you can..with something you like doing that you need to concentrate on while doing it...if that makes sense....

When you lie down tonight to sleep..if your mind starts getting chatty with you about today...could you try to listen to a Dan Jones Sleep story...If your minds wanders away from his words and story..just gently acknowledge those thoughts then bring your mind back to the story...he has a soothing voice...just thought I would mention what works for me a lot of the time....

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Just listening to music

I hope you, your kids and everyone else in the street are ok Mark.

What type of music do you like, and which bands and singers?

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Tayla I put on The Beatles like music from the 60s, 70s and 80s.My era of music.My son puts on a best of 1980s cd to go to sleep to..

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I woke a few times last night after some nightmares bringing back a few scarey memories.I hope the kids are ok as I know these things can effect you long term.A bit of a weird feeling this morning for me.