FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Another Newbie

Fembae
Community Member

Hi all,

I've been reading the online forums and am uplifted by your supportive responses to each other. I am keen to be part of this forum.

I am supporting a long-term (very loving) partner with depression and anxiety. Despite regular treatment (therapy), his condition has been getting worse and has affected his ability to work. He is now seeing a psychiatrist.

I hope to be able to connect with others, as I find it hard to talk to family and friends about our situation. Lately, I have been feeling more and more alone.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

2 Replies 2

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Fembae, welcome here

We'd love to have your input.

We exist here for many reasons but one that stands out is that others don't understand us. So we join here to - birds of a feather.

This forum is another asset so to speak and you need as many as you can find. The balance of GP visits, psych visits, relaxation techniques, forums and life changes are the best approach.

So having said that please GOOGLE the following and read the first post of each. Hoping that will help.

Welcome aboard.

Beyondblue topic who cares for the carer?

Beyondblue topic how I eliminated anxiety

Beyondblue topic the balance of your life

Beyondblue topic meltdown back to basics

Beyondblue topic be radical

Beyondblue topic they just wont understand- why?

Beyondblue topic what life can be like at the end of the tunnel

TonyWK

copingwithdepressedpartne
Community Member

Hi Fembae

I’m going through the same. It’s very lonely and super frustrating when things don’t get better especially when they’re receiving psychiatric help.