FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Suicidal thoughts

As_Mita
Community Member

Even though I am trying so hard, I feel like I won’t be able to achieve anything in my life. As I am an international student studying in Australia and I am in long distance with my family and husband. I am not able to work these days and even can’t focus on my study. I am loosing everything. I feel like I have no purpose in my life anymore. But I can’t do anything wrong thinking of my family back home . 

2 Replies 2

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome.

'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. It sounds like you're going through a challenging time at the moment.

It's important to remember that it's okay to struggle and feel lost at times. Sort of. Adjusting to a new environment, dealing with the pressures of studying, and being separated from loved ones can all take a toll on your emotional well-being. You are doing a lot and making a great effort by studying away from home, even if it doesn't always feel like it's enough.

There may also be resources available at uni? Many universities and colleges have counseling services, student support centers, etc., that can assist you in navigating the challenges you're facing. They might have programs or initiatives specifically designed to support international students like yourself.

If you want to talk some more, I'm listening...

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi As_Mita

Wondering whether it's affordable (time and money wise) for you to take a break and visit your family for a couple of weeks or for one of them to come and visit you. It's so hard when we don't have someone of guidance in our presence. While phone calls or zoom calls can help, sometimes it's about having someone in the same room as us. As smallwolf suggested, perhaps being in a room with someone who can be of guidance at uni (a counselor) or people who can relate to the challenges of being an overseas student may help make some difference. I think sometimes there are moments in life, filled with new and/or overwhelming challenges, where we think we can manage alone or tell our self that we have to manage alone but the truth is some challenges can't be managed all on our own. So glad you reached out here, looking for a variety of ways to no longer manage on your own.