FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Suicidal constantly

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Hi all.

Like others I think of suicide basically constantly.

It's like a someone whispering in me ear that I can't stop as my life otherwise is (mostly) ok.

I told my parents again but they just said Im an attention seeker that using it as an excuse not to work.

That is far from the trust as when I tell them I'm suicidal they laugh and then get angry.

It's so difficult as it makes my suicidal thoughts worse but they seem completely oblivious.

Anyway stay safe all.

Chris

312 Replies 312

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Chris

Not taking things personally is definitely a challenge at times. It's such a hard habit to get out of. I think one of the mantras that tends to work for me most times is 'What you say and do tells me more about you than it tells me about me'. .

Am looking for inspiration Chris. What would you say led the walking to be easier to begin with? For example, did you pick a place you would love walking around in so as to feel happier or maybe it was about testing how quickly you could complete 10,000 steps. I imagine you have a few tips when it comes to different motives or motivators. Looking for as many tips as possible.

I feel for you Chris, regarding your concern about your mum and dementia. If she is developing dementia, might pay to do some research, so as to be informed of not just what you may witness on the road ahead but also how you will feel some of those challenges. Dementia Australia is a helpful resource. I've learned from my dad's experience with Alzheimer's related dementia that it's not always completely obvious at first but in becoming completely obvious over the last year there have been elements of grief involved. You want to be looking after your own well being while your mum faces this journey.

Have you thought about ways of managing your dad's stress? Whether it involves going for a walk when he becomes unbearable or throwing on some headphones and listening to what vibes you up and out of you feeling his mood, you gotta look after you.

Chris_Tas
Community Member

"I'm a lowlife" "I'm  a disgrace" etc

Just thought I'd check in to say do not believe what others, especially "family" members say.

Stay safe and DO NOT try and discuss it with those abusers.

Speak to here and professionals as I learned that the hard way trust me.

Life isn't easy. I get it. 

Chris

Thank you thRising.

I might be a "leader" in certain ways on how to navigate suicidal issues.

You however are on fact the leader and I encourage everyone on this forum to listen theRising.

Please do so.

Chris

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Chris

You're such a thoughtful person, you really are. Your thoughts are words are always so very much appreciated.

I think it's hard being sensitive to what can feel depressing. There's just so much that can feel depressing at times. When you can sense that kind of stuff, it feels like 'Oh, please, no, not another challenge to manage, just so I can learn more about myself and life'. While I always appreciate the growth aspect (the revelation or epiphany side of things), I'm definitely not a fan of the tough lessons that can come with it all.

I think when we can share our ability to feel so much of what challenges us, for others to say 'I feel that' can bring about some relief at times. While others can't entirely feel the same way we do, given how personal our struggles are, to know they can sense elements of our pain brings about a sense of unity.

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Hi all.

So Dad says "you can't be a Lawyer anymore as so pathetic".

Mum said "Dad is just trying to be "realistic" (as admittedly i got annoyed) as my Psychiatrist said that's absolutely ridiculous what he said (again).

I want to encourage others to listen to professionals, and also value family support.

It's very difficult to find that balance as I've experienced as a member here for some time so hopefully that has built rsome respect.

Chris

yours_truly
Community Member

Hi Chris Tas,

When the demons whisper people say that it’s hard to ignore them, but really i think it’s just easier to listen. Reality is brutal, the people in it don’t help and the darkness just keeps growing. It’s like the colour slowly drains and so does your energy. It takes a lot to look the other way and listen to the right things. I know i tried to listen to music with the highest volume just to block them out but trust me that doesn’t work. 

What does seem to help is loving yourself regardless of what other people think. No one knows you like you do. You know that deep down you are a beautiful person who just needs some recognition. If the people around you don’t want to give you that, that’s not your fault and you shouldn’t waste your energy trying to prove it to them. Just prove it to yourself and everything else falls in place. 

Stay safe and reach out for help when you need it. Just like you say, no shame in it, just do what you must to survive,

yours_truly

Bob_22
Community Member

Hi Chris_Tas,

Yes you have definitely earned our respect not by just being a long time member but also for sharing your story. I'm sorry you do not have much family support at the moment. Keep us posted.

Bob

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Hello all.

I apologise to not reply in ideally.

All responses I appreciate i assure you.

Thank you Bob, theRising and everyone else.

I like to give back and I'm looking forward to doing so.

Regards and stay safe and follow the sites instructions.

Chris

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Chris

No worries about when you pop in here. Whether you return when you feel the need based on a challenge you face or you return to make a difference to others, either way it's good to hear from you.

🙂

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Hi all.

I apologise for not replying directly to the fantastic msgs I have received.

Just a quick story tonight ss I looked after our Greyhounds this weekend......everything fine.

Mum gets home and apparently I'm pathetic, "couldn't even put their coats on"! (the house is warm)

I bought all the dog food to "impress" mum then only to be told I got the wrong brand etc etc

I'm not suicidal but I assure I'm extremely disappointed.