FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

always feeling the need to sh

toby_29
Community Member

i want to cut all the time and for no reason either. i just get the urge to do it. everyone asks me why i self harm and all i can say sometimes is "i dont know"

it really bothers me sometimes cuz i dont know what to do to help. I have a private therapist and a safety plan but i dont find those useful.

last week i had to to get surgery for an infected cut and i thought that would help me to stop but it just makes me want to do it more.

all i want to do all the time is cut and its so annoying.

1 Reply 1

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. It sounds like you're going through a really challenging time. The fact that you're reaching out and sharing your feelings is a brave step, and it shows that you're actively seeking support. It's good to hear that have a therapist as well. However... you said that you do not finding the sessions useful. Is this something you have mentioned to your therapist?

Experiencing the urge to self-harm can be incredibly difficult to understand and manage. It's understandable that you might feel frustrated when you don't have a clear reason for these feelings. Remember that these urges can be a way of coping with emotional pain, stress, or other overwhelming emotions. It's okay to feel this way, but it's also important to find healthier ways to cope.

If you find that the urge to cut is overwhelming, it's important to reach out to someone for support – whether it's a friend, family member, therapist, or a helpline. Sometimes talking about what you're feeling can help alleviate the intensity of the urge.

I hope some of this was useful to you and if you wanted to chat some more, I am about. Maybe you could tell me a little about yourself?