FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Self-Harm Depression and Anxiety

MJW1974
Community Member
have been having thoughts of self-harming I have depression and anxiety I have lost all my mental health support that I had due to not having a GP. I am waiting to be transferred from my public housing to Melbourne but as of, yet I haven't been moved. No thanks to the inactive of government housing I have lost support I need to get my mental health back on track. I don't know what to do anymore I don't have family both my parents have died and literally shutting down.

3 Replies 3

On The Road
Community Member

MJW1974, I'm sorry that things have been rough for you☹️ and the bureaucracy within the different departments of government can make things worse. plus without family-supporting, it must be very hard for you at the moment...

I think I can resonate with the feeling of shutting down...especially with a mental health issue. It's a vicious cycle...☹️ so feel free to share more here if you feel comfortable, this is a welcoming, non-judgemental community. we're here to listen.

May I ask because I wonder where you live at the moment, is there any others in your family or your community that you can trust and turn to at some point? and did you join the NDIS?

On The Road
Community Member

Hi, MJW1974, It must be frustrating for you to keep waiting. I realised it actually can be NDIS that keep you waiting for a long time.

please keep us updated if you are willing to share.

Sophie_M
Dear MJW1974,

Firstly, let us join On The Road in welcoming you to the forums. We are so glad that you found your way to this supportive and welcoming community. We hope that you find ideas, options and support from the shared experiences and knowledge of all our members. Please feel free to express yourself and your concerns openly and without fear of judgement as this is a safe space.

As you stated you have lost all your mental health supports and do not have regular contact with your G.P, please consider this service. Someone Health is a team of Bulk Billing Psychologists who are available for video and telephone Counselling 7 days a week. And, for most Australians it's free under Medicare. Visit Someone Health to find out more.

If at any point you need to reach out, we are always here for you. Please remember if you feel you need to talk through how you are feeling or honestly do just need a chat, please contact Beyond Blue either via phone  1300 22 4636 or through Beyond Blue Online Chat.

Alternatively we would also recommend the suicide call back service, they offer a range of contact methods that can be accessed via Suicide Callback Service or by giving them a call on 1300 659 467.

Please remember you’re not alone though this journey, the community is here to support you through this difficult experience and Beyond Blue counsellors are just a phone call away, should you need them.

Warm regards
Sophie M