FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Sad.

nib
Community Member
Im struggling,  I am not appreciated at home by my parents. I am an only child, so no siblings. I am currently living at home, but home isn't home to me anymore, and it's been that way for years. I have disorganised schizophrenia and heavily medicated for it to the point I feel constantly sedated. I'm trying to study at the moment, and I've been doing really well, and I want to keep things that way. I just wish I could move out of home, but I have nowhere to go. I'm always tired and want to do nothing but sleep, yet at the same time I want to get a job and travel. I've worked before, but quit my job due to reasons I don't wish to talk about through a public forum. I'm 24 and have been talking to Kids Helpline for the past 5 years, roughly.
1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Dear Nib,

Thank you for your bravery and openness in sharing here. It sounds like you’re going through a really difficult time, and we can hear there's a lot of emotions that are having a impact.

We’re reaching out to you privately to check you’re ok. In the meantime, we’d really encourage you to give our counsellors a call on the Beyond Blue Support Service. We are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636, and the team are really good at talking people through moments like this and working out options for more support. It's also worth talking to them about what you are struggling with. 

It’s really important that you are kind to yourself and keep yourself safe. Please remember that if you feel unsafe the number to call is 000. It also sounds like the Beyond Now suicide safety planning app may be a helpful resource to you. You can read about how it works and where to download it here. You can even call Lifeline on 13 11 14 and compete it together with one of their counsellors over the phone.

We hope that you find our forums to be a safe and supportive space to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Our community is here for you, and we’re sure they’ll spot your post soon enough and have some kind words and understanding for you.

Regards

Sophie M