FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Not sure what to do.

anonym00s
Community Member

Hello to whoever's reading this.

I'm stuck.  I'm 21 years old, and have been affected by depressive thoughts and suicidal ideation for quite some time now. Last year, I found out I was legally too late to abort an unwanted and unintended pregnancy.  I was manipulated into keeping it, and I hate myself for it; I've never felt so empty or useless before.  I never, ever wanted to have offspring, and--depsite what everyone's said--my feelings haven't and are not likely to ever change.  Nobody seems to understand that.  I feel so alone.

I want a hysterectomy so badly.  I was only allowed to get a c-section instead of a natural birth because of a single male doctor who didn't treat me like dirt.  I've always been afraid of doctors, and I know that I have to see one to get the surgery, but I also know that the chances of any doctor allowing me to have that kind of medical autonomy is ridiculously low.  The prospect of getting a hysterectomy is the only thing keeping me around, but I don't want to "blackmail" anyone into doing it for me, either.  It scares me I've come to terms with the possibility of getting shot down and the outcome of my actions if it doesn't happen.

I hate myself for being born with a uterus.  I hate myself for having sex.  I hate myself for being so sad all the time.  I hate being so worthless.  I don't know what to do.

My laziness is the only thing keeping me from acting on my thoughts, so I'm safe.  Just aimless.  I want to live my life instead of merely existing in someone else's.  I want so badly to amount to something more than what I am.

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Dear anonym00s

Welcome to the Beyond Blue forums, we are so glad that you have made you way here and had the bravery to post and will be reaching out to you privately to offer you some additional support this evening.

In the meantime, we would love for you to give one of our fully trained counsellors a call for some counselling support, we are here 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via our WebChat.  In addition, our lovely friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) and the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467) are always there for you whenever things are feeling like too much to cope with.

Please keep safe and remember you aren’t alone on this journey to better mental health.  We will leave you in the hands of our lovely community members who will be here on your thread soon.  Thanks again for sharing. It’s a powerful and brave first step towards feeling better.

Regards 

Sophie M

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome for the forums.

You mentioned that you have not had much success with the doctors. What sort of relationship do you have with your GP? Are you able to talk to them about your thoughts and feelings?  I guess the one thing I could say is that it is OK for feel not OK, when all you can do is take things one minute, or hour at a time.  And for you to tell your story as you did takes a lot of courage and strength.

I am guessing you are looking after your baby.  Do you have any support? People you can talk to. I cannot speak for other people, but this can be stressful and tiring. 

I am also curious whose life you are existing in? 

I want you to know that you are worth it. And listening to you...