FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Need help

notmuchleft
Community Member

I’ve lived with depression my whole adult life, and never sought help, but the last two days I’ve been researching exit strategies.

I think I’m really bad. I know I should get help but have no idea exactly how I should start.

i don’t have a GP I go to, or heaps of money to pay for counselling etc.

Im really tired of trying to keep living.

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Dear notmuchleft,

We are grateful youfound the strength to post in our wonderfully supportive forums. Your post can help so many who feel the same, but have not yet found that same inner strength.

We understand that you have lived much of your life in a space of depression. Unfortunately, things have become worse over the past few days, and you are unsure what to do now.

We would like to encourage you to meet with your GP and explain what has been going on for you. Your GP may be able to help you set up a mental health plan so you can work with a psych for several sessions.

We would also encourage you to consider ringing our counsellors on 1300 22 4636 whenever you feel down. They are available 24 hours per day, every day of the year. You may also call Lifeline on 13 11 14 to speak with their support people.

Hopefully, some of our wonderful community members will see this post soon and provide some exceptional support.

Warm regards,

Sophie M.

Hi not much left. 

How are you doing today. 

I understand wanting a way out. Its a really hard place to be in and it sucks and it's so hard to find a way through it. 

Have you thought about going to the emergency department or calling you're state triage line, as the risk is becoming more imminent. 

I hope you can find some solace in this forum like I have. I hope it helps to know you aren't alone. 

We are here mate. 

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi not much left,

Im so sorry you are feeling this way.

Sophie M has given you some great advice.

I would also like to also encourage you to go and see a gp and let them know how you are really feeling, even if you don’t have a specific gp just make an appointment with any gp.

You don’t need to try to do this alone a health professional can help you.

I know it’s hard but you deserve all of the professional help that’s available so you can come through the tunnel and live in the light.