FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hey, second time here πŸ™„

DaKaM
Community Member

Hey

i posted here back in 2017.

feeling useless, tired and really just want to give up.

i posted here in 2017, feeling exactly the same although probably more now than then.

im now 46, married with an 18 yo daughter.

Still getting absolutely no where in life, I work and pay bills, that’s it. That’s all I do, nothing else.

All I now want to do is shut myself away from everyone and everything and just disappear.

I’m really done with life, I have lived the last 20 years like this and I can’t do it anymore.

I have one or two good days here and there where I can have a laugh, but that’s getting rarer and rarer.

sorry for the waffle on, just need to get it off my chest

13 Replies 13

Hi DaKaM,

We are so sorry to hear that you're in a dark place at the moment. We can hear that you're exhausted, but please know that there is support available to you. You're not alone in this.

You have said that you don't have any mental health support - would you consider finding some? It sounds like you're really struggling, and it may help you. You can do this through your GP, or as we said you can get in contact with us for some advice on finding support - www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport 

MensLine Australia is also a free 24/7 telephone and online counselling service for men with emotional health and relationship concerns. You can contact them on 1300 78 99 78 or https://mensline.org.au/

We can hear that you’re struggling. If it’s helpful for you, you might consider taking a look at what reasons to keep trying might be for others, on our thread β€˜What’s kept or keeping you here?”.

Thanks again for reaching out here. It's good to see that you've made some connections with our community members.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
DaKaM I am sorry this has been going on for so long.You have so much to look after and support.You a strong person to be able to through this feeling for 20 years and you still here.Your family needs you and your daughter needs her dad in her life.Have you talked to your GP how you are feeling?
Take care,
Mark.

DaKaM
Community Member

No, haven’t spoken to my GP

He has been our family GP for at least 20 years.

Im not his biggest fan of lateens would rather go a different route than go through him.

Guest_206
Community Member
Hi DaKaM,
Its good you've come back on here to post about what's going on. It really tough going when you feel like you're not doing anything more than working and paying bills. It sounds like you really need some support on your side, I wonder if there is another GP you can check in with who isn't the family GP? You shouldn't have to be struggling on your own.