FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Help needed

Farmer680
Community Member
Hi it’s a long story so I will keep it short as possible I am a farmer and also work in a hospital as a cleaner I have worked hard 7 days a week for 35 years, we opened our farm up to foster children so we. could teach them farm life something they would never experience ,we done it for ten years had two in permanent care one is still with us one 16 year old girl done a runner and took off and has made up false allegations against me no charges have been laid yet I went to court 2 months a go I now have to go back in four days I I am so scared can’t sleep properly sever anxiety I have never done a single thing wrong in my life have thought about suicide nearly every day I have even googled the fastest way to die,two people I worked with both committed suicide 4 years a go. I love my family and the foster child that Is still staying with us knows her twin sister is lying, I am so scared I will go to jail for something I didn’t do so suicide really is the only way out for me, who is going to believe a 57 year old man what do I do the stress is so bad it’s effecting my work.
185 Replies 185

Hi Farmer680,

Thank you for keeping us updated in what’s been going on for you. We're sorry to hear that you are at the lowest you've ever been and that you feel like you can’t handle much more. We just want to remind you that you are not alone, and support is always available. 

Please remember to reach out when you're feeling overwhelmed and needing to talk it through. In these moments you can get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).

Both Beyond Blue and our online community members are here with you.

Hey Farmer 🌿

Good seeing you though not under these circumstances. Geez this nightmare just keeps on doesn't it

Clearly she has serious issues & believes her lies!
From memory she's done this to others too

With Sophie too I'm glad you've let us know how it's going. In dark times it's incredibly hard reaching out

Can I urge you and yes it'd be hard I'm sure to talk about this but please matey for your mental health/safety could you ring the numbers to get more help.

You know we're always here but these people can help you professionally in ways we can't to get through these unbearably hard times

I know how it feels being so terribly low. It does feel like we're alone. Hearing you. You're not though Anthony

I do believe you're a very courageous man with a lot of stamina. You do have the ability to get through these terrible times believe that truth Mr ☺

If you can keep thinking of your many reasons to get through helps to steer our thinking to ways of pulling through

Please keep in mind friend on no uncertain terms to not allow further thought of suicide if can I ask is this happening?

The feelings are powerful being trapped in this headspace.
Seemingly there's no way out aye and it'll never change.
This isn't true!

Time brings change. For now we can help ourselves by refocusing our thinking to considering coping strategies. We can offer some techniques but professionals know more.

Before good changes happened which at the time seemed like a dead end. You landed another job helping the financials that on all accounts seemed pretty doubtful

My point is these reprieves were not thought possible but changes for the better did come and can again in some form

May I suggest with your dear wife a help could be joint counselling.
It's so hard when the pain/stress is unbearable spilling out on our loved ones adding to pressure.

You're all going through SO much my hearts with youse. The three of you are a solid unit that needs every chance to remain that way

Anthony ☺ surprisingly small things can give our troubled minds tads of light. Not fixes but breathing space

Maybe each day not only look but take in & remember by feeling details of the land. The colour, relaxation you feel breathing through the beauty of a natural state and gentle quiet in new growth

The sound of birds, trees rustling can you feel a breeze. The animals in their peaceful state 🌿

We care and are listening good man.

Keep going buddy ⚘

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Farmer,

Im really sorry that your feeling in a lonely world of your own...

We are here for you...Has this young lady been causing you more heartache with new allegations?...or are the allegations she accused you of before playing havoc with your mental health?....

When you’re ready and feel up to it..I’m wondering if you could let us know a little of what’s going on for you...No pressure...only if you want to...

Kind thoughts lovely Farmer...

Grandy..

Farmer680
Community Member

Very sorry about not replying sooner this evil person who made up false lies about my family and me has been going around putting lies in the foster children’s head and she’s still seeing them now. If things couldn’t get any lower for me I just lost my working with children’s card , and now lost my Job in the hospital who I was a long term employee I am so sad at the moment I loved my job providing for my family I have zero left now in my life no job nothing so there’s only one way out hopefully she will then stay away and stop making up lies about my family 

Hi Farmer680,

We want you to know we are here for you, and have sent you a private message reaching out to you just now. Please check your inbox.

Whatever you are going through, we're here for you - please remember your family need you safe above all.

Please don't hesitate to continue to reach out:

Lifeline 13 11 14 (they also have a text chat option) 24/7
Mensline 1300 78 99 78 (24/7)
Suicide call back service 1300 659 467 (24/7)

PLEASE NOTE: Always remember to call 000 (triple zero) if you are in immediate danger to yourself.

Kind regards,

Sophie M

Hi  sorry i am trying my hardest to be strong for my family, but i don't want them to know what iam going through its hard to sleep of a night hearing cars thinking there coming to get me, my phone rings i wont answer it to scared too, can anyone recommend a Lawyer i can get some free advice off as i have no Job but not Legal Aid as i have heard off other people they haven't got very good reviews, just someone i can email or talk over the phone.