FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

feel like dying

girl2
Community Member
hi, I am new here and I hate myself does anyone know how I can  stop self harming?  i have scares on my arms legs stomach from self-harm.thx
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi girl2,

We are sorry to hear that you hate yourself and are self-harming.  We can understand that it must be very difficult for you to stop this as it has served a purpose in your life up until now.  We have contacted you privately to offer you support.  

We would strongly urge that in overwhelming moments you get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467). 

If you feel it may be helpful, you are always welcome to get in touch with Kids Helpline. They are a confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged 25 and under.  

You are not alone, we are here to help you and offer you support.  Please keep in touch with the community on this forum.  

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Good Morning girl2

Welcome, and welcome in your time of such pain and when you are feeling so bad and so bad about yourself. I am so beyond proud of you for finding your way here, to reach out for support and to share how you are feeling.

I would really like to chat with you some more, to find out about you and how we can support you, what we can do to give you some comfort at this time.

I actually have started a thread and I will put the link here, it is a collection of people's suggestions and ways in which others cope in times when they are harming also. I hope that this is somewhat helpful, I am sure that alot of them you will have heard before but maybe you may find something new that might resonate with you and may help you, anything, anything is worth a try, here is the link:

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/suicidal-thoughts-and-self-harm/instead-of-harming-myself-i-now-(list-three-of-four-dot-points)

I have some thoughts on the scars and I would love to share them with you, but they are just my thoughts, the scars are not who you are, they are not a symbol of what you are about, what I think they are is a release in a time of utter and desperate pain, so you can look at it two ways I think, maybe these scars are like your reminder that you did make it through a painful time, like warriors in battle. That at a time when you felt so bad you managed in the best way that you could in that time.

I am so proud of you for reaching out here.

We are here for you, to share some of the pain and I hope that we can chat some more soon.

Huge hugs to you

Sarah xx