FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What makes you smile?

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I would LOVE to read about what makes you smile. 

At a push you can share what makes you laugh too! 

Whatever circumstances have brought you to BB, many of us are dealing with MH concerns.
Sharing our healing journeys can be so amazingly helpful to others, it's priceless. 

Yesterday I felt JOY for the first time in a long long time. It happened while watching my grandchildren make huge bubbles at an Art Installation. Joy felt good but quite alien tbh. 
Today one of my children said she belly laughed for the first time in maybe a year, a funny thing happened at work. 

Depression, as with other MI's, sucks the joy out of us. Our goal could be to quieten these invaders by filling our lives with more joy. 

Please share what makes you smile. 

Love to you
EM

38 Replies 38

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dearest Alison_M,

I'm so sorry to hear that, what a tough situation to be in. Wishing you all the best with both your health and home life. 

Take care, SB

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

What made me smile today was getting home early! 

Our Staff Meeting was cancelled YAY! 

LOVE THAT. Got to pop in early on the forums. About to cook dinner and hit the sack early too, in my dreams probably. 

Still smiling! Hahaha
Love EM

jenijenjen
Community Member

What a great thread, it made me realise that I have so many things that make me smile and laugh. I have two male Budgies and their antics can always make me laugh

People being silly with children makes me smile 

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey jen, lol budgies are the cutest and cheekiest birds! So happy your budgies bring a smile to your face. 😃

Hey quirky, lol it's just FUN being silly with kids. I'm glad you get a smile out of seeing this. 😄

My rescue poodle brought a smile to my face when I picked him up from the groomer's today. He gets SO EXCITED to see me, he dances around on his hind legs as though he's saying "LOOK MAMA I'M FANCEEE NOW!" lol... he does the same thing to each of the kids when they see him. It's an activity that keeps on giving multiple times until he's seen everyone lol. 

Cute little bubba he is
Love EMxxxx

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I smiled watching my chickens excited for me to be moving the tree stumps in their chook pen lol. 

I put them in there for this purpose lol. Lots of sprouts grow around the stumps, getting caught in the roots. 

I'm going to move a few more in there, it was SO FUN watching how happy they were. They didn't even want their seed or food scraps lol. 

Nice to have smiles at home with such simple little creatures. 
Love EMxxxx

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

What has made us all smile at work this week is the older colleagues sharing our memories of the reign of Queen Elizabeth II with the younger ones. 

I remember us all being trained to stand in certain ways to sing "God Save the Queen" as our National Anthem at school multiple times per week. 
The girls had to stand with their hands cupped in front of their chests and the boys had to stand with their hands held behind their backs. 
Then we SANG SO LOUDLY, looking directly at a beautiful portrait of Her Majesty. 

The words to that anthem were much easier to learn than "Advance Australia Fair" lol. Were for me anyway. 

Love EM

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

That's beautiful EM, what a nice tribute. 

My friends made me smile this week, it was one of my good friends' birthdays last night, and I got to celebrate and reconnect with people I haven't seen in a long time, it was great. 🙂

SB

eagle4031
Community Member

I smile just thinking about my wife and children.

i also smiled today because i have decided to simplify my diary by reducing obligations