FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Staying Positive

Is_it_Just_Me_
Community Member

Hi there, how are you?

Can I ask for help first please........I don't know how to register a profile name. Adivice would be much appreciated.

I struggle sometime with the fear of losing my peace which I find through 'connections'.........I know my triggers can be loneliness, self-pity, boredom. When this happens I feel myself slipping and this frightens me senseless because then it's a slow slide down the old rabbit hole.

I could feel it happening the other day and the fear was tangible.......and I thought, you know what, you're not getting me this time. Forced myself to think about what I could do...........life had dealt some pretty heafty blows in the last few months and I'm more of a listener than a talker so I keep things to myself. Big mistake I know. I'd been giving and giving and giving which is fine. I didn't want to talk to a 'professional" as it wasn't something I couldn't work on myself.

What I realised was, I needed someone to talk to as a friend, to just share the ups and downs of life and someone who could also relate to the fear of when things are going good that you're maybe wondering how long you've got being connected to life to being dis-connected and becoming that pain-filled zombie.

I missed having a really good laugh about it all to be honest. So, here I am...a person without a name - lol and just connecting........don't know if anyone will answer but I'm enjoying just writing.

Was trying to think of a profile name and people come up with all these really clever ones and I can't think of anything really. I don't want anything cheesy or too positive cos that turns me off a bit so I kinda came up with "Is it Just Me?"

Anyway, very strange typing into something that you don't know is really real so I'll be pleasantly surprised if I get a reply.

Stay safe...........

"Is it Just Me?"

7 Replies 7

Sophie_M
Dear Interpolate / Is it just me?

Thank you for joining us on the forums! Good to have you!
It seems you were able to choose / register a username....? If so, awesome - but if not, please reach out again and we will send you some info.

Yes, sometimes just being able to reach out and converse (even in a slow unsynchronised form like here online) is enough to really reinforce our strengths and resources. You don't need to go it alone, ever, but calling in all the professionals is not always absolutely necessary.

That said, a really good middle ground to check out is 'friendline' - you can find them here
Of course, if it ever does hit the point that you would like a professional to look over your "homework' , you are more than welcome to reach out to us here, either by phone at 1300 22 4636, or if you would be more comfortable, you can start a webchat by clicking the 'chat online' link at the top of page.

We are really glad you have joined us, and are finding it useful to 'get it off your chest'. Please keep talking and staying in touch! 

Regards,

Sophie M.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Interpolate/ is it just me

Well come to our forums.

I understand that as humans we all like to feel connected and just chatting to someone really helps.

Please know we are all a very caring supportive community please chat to us anytime.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Interpolate / Is it just me, you can have friends in every situation you may find yourself in, but this doesn't mean you will feel connected with any of them, simply because something inside you has made a border around yourself where no one can penetrate, leaving you feel all alone.

If and when this does happen, it's virtually impossible 'to work on yourself', you may to a certain degree but you only favour what you want to and not the hard points that have led you into this position, but it's these difficult choices that we want to make where some assistance would be helpful.

Sometimes when you are feeling pretty good and start talking to a friend who may not be the same as yourself, then you may come away being disappointed and vice versa, but talking to a professional this doesn't happen as they are trained to cope with all different situations.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

Hi Sophie, how are you?

Thanks for replying. I do still need help registering my name of "Is it Just Me?" please and also doing a little picture. My daughter did the Interpolate and I've no idea how she did it or why that name lol..........I've had some great replies which has super as I feel now I've got a little community to talk to (and hopefully laugh with!)

Look forward to hearing from you........

Cheers, Carol

Thank you for welcoming me Petal22...........

Thanks for welcoming me to the group Geoff

That Other Guy
Community Member

Hi Geoff. I am 'that other guy' because 'that guy' was taken LOL.

Yeah, I am autistic and struggle to find lasting friendships so while I am very happily married, I often feel lonely. It's tough and it's frustrating, so many lonely people in the world, and all they need is each other....