FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Eating Disorder Group meetings the Gold Coast

Redlac
Community Member

Hi Guys!

I'm a 29 year old male currently in recovery from a long-term eating disorder, studying counselling.

I've been thinking for a long while that It would be an amazing resource for recovery to have a group, much like an A.A meeting, that convenes every week, or month or so. A space for sharing and for staying committed to recovery and receiving support in the process.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there that thinks this might be a good idea also? Or would consider participating in something like this? It would be great to get a sense of if people might be interested.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

3 Replies 3

MsPurple
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Redlac and welcome to the forums

I know that some major cities in Australia have eating disorder group support. I am not too sure if Gold Coast has one

I know the Butterfly Foundation may have some good resources. They may have something on their website about it. See linke https://thebutterflyfoundation.org.au/ I have also heard some practices also have group sessions etc. Might be something to look into

I know how hard it can be to beat an ED. Always a work in progress. Recovery is possible, however slips ups can still happen here and there. Just need to work on good eating patterns.

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Redlac,

It sounds like a great idea to set up some kind of support for people. Ms Purple has made a suggestion of some groups that do run already.

Are you thinking about setting up a group in your region? If so you could contact your local Government to see what might be possible.

People here on this forum may be interested as well in general tips and ideas, or just having the place to share their own experiences in a safe environment.

t is wonderful people want to step out and help others. Wishing you well with your initiative.

Cheers from Dools

Hi Redlac, hope you will excuse me for a moment. I've not see a post from Ps. Purple for a while and I just want to say goodaye.

Ms Purple,

Hello there! Lovely to see you posting here. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Cheers from Dools

Thanks Redlac, apologies again for the interruption.