FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

BB Arts & Crafts Circle

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey wonderful people!

I take delight when I read about what other people have made themselves; from art works to sewing to knitting to ANYTHING!

The CREATIVITY in these forums is astounding.

The skill set is pretty mind blowing too.

It warms my heart to know that Arts and Crafts are being enjoyed by so many of our members.

Please feel welcome to SHARE your past, present or future projects with us all.
Or even what you'd like to learn how to do.

Any gift ideas are most welcome too!

Love EM

95 Replies 95

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Great J*!

I know you started back at paid work this week, congratulations again!

Embrace is a beautiful doco. xxxx

Hey Centaured!

The vision of you painting in your beach shack is idyllic and so calm... I love imagining peaceful things, it really helps calm me.

Hope you're doing well. Big hugs. xxxx

Well I did a little crafting on Tuesday, it really helped ground me after some terrible news.

Now I see my velvety, turquoise arm rests and cover on my antique chair and long table runner all matching - it's calming and I'm really glad I did that.

I have quite alot of material left lol (Spotlight had a sale and that's my defense!!)...

So one more runner to make for on top of the other old antique cabinet that has our loungeroom TV on it.
Maybe a new cover for where our pup likes to sleep lol. Just another thing for him to chew through I guess!

I'd like to find my other crafts and just have them about so I remember to do them in the evening... omg I just got a text that my friend who is only 36yo is going to be a NANA lol.

Better go and get that.

Love EM

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey BB people! 

SO NICE to see you all again. 

I noticed Clues_of_Blue's AWESOME profile pic and she told us that she did that all by HERSELF! 
What an artistic genius lol. 

We have so many creative people on the forums. 
Are you enjoying any creative hobbies atm? 

I'm restoring our walls and doors, patching, sanding, painting. It's fun. 
My neighbours gave us THE most beautiful, classy, Asian style coffee table and I'd like to repaint it. 
I'll have to clean it real well first. Let it dry well too. 
I'm thinking WHITE undercoat. Then a white outdoor paint. 
I was born in Asia, so we have lots of Asian style pieces in our home.

My youngest daughter and I are excited to be planning our new craft room. 
We "only" have to renovate downstairs first so all the boys can move down to their "Man Cave" lol. 

We've been Minimising our stuff in as many spaces as we can find and that's SO FUN! 
Freeing up space! 
Feels WEIRD! But we're loving it. 
It's really motivating to do this for us and now our creative juices are flowing. 

Hope everyone's having a good day. 
Love EM

Hey Tony WK, wow. 

Your creativity, gifts, talents and skills have long been an inspiration to me... closer to the truth would be that I am in AWE of you! 

You have so many creative talents. LOVE your poetry whenever I see it. Some touch my soul so deeply. 

Sighhhh lol. 

Tonight I had an idea borne from watching Hang Drum Massive "The secret Kissing of the Sun and the Moon" on YouTube. I've seen this clip oh so many times. It truly takes me away and relaxes me. Also makes me smile. 
There's this STUNNING Buddha in the (I think) Tibetan landscape standing so tall, it's so colourful. 
This week I got another Buddha for my garden as a birthday present. He's super cute! 

As we don't paint our nails any more really lol... and have a tank full of SO MANY gorgeous coloured nail polishes, I'm thinking to PAINT him in parts with the nail polish. 
Yah. Fanceee idea lol. 

Wish me luck lol. 

I've been creative at work. 
Only been creatively MINIMISING at home lately. 

What's everyone been up to? 
Love EMxxxx

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

How are you doing BB artsy peeps? 

New posters and members are always welcome to join in! 

I'm not artsy lol but I'd LIKE to be more creative... I'm counting that. 

Tonight I bought lots of macrame yarn and now I HOPE to do something with it all lol. (NOT use it in my garden to tie things up, no I'll restrain myself lol). 
Spotlight had a massive sale here and you know how that goes... 

I also bought some bling to add to my Buddha statue. The bright nail polish colours I used on him seem dull really... he's grey in colour underneath it all and it's not BRIGHT enough. Bling should help. 

Yvette bought SO many things, my kids are far more creative than I am. 
She bought bling to dress up bottles as gifts for her friends. 
Lots of jewellery bits and bobs to make ear rings, necklaces and key rings of all things. GO HER! 

The boys bought some put your own toys together which seem REALLY complicated but hey, they can do this stuff and I'm happy they can. 

The wonderful thing was that my children are beginning to use their OWN money to buy this type of stuff which helps my budget alot. We got my VIP discount any way so that was awesome. 

Love EM

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey BB Crafters and wanna be crafters alike! 

New posters are ALWAYS welcome here too. 

So my Buddha is finished and looking magnificent on my balcony. 
Gosh that was FUN! 
A bit like 3D colouring in hahaha. 

I'm getting into Crochet clips on YouTube, atm I'm just in awe of their skills. 
I can knit but couldn't quite get crochet down pat at all lol. 

Oh gosh wish me luck lol. 

Tbh there's so much HARD work to do in my garden, like building short fall steps etc but the rain is making this difficult (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol). 

What are you crafting at the moment or HOPING to craft? 
Love EMxxxx

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello BB creators, if you'd like to share anything you're in the creative process of, we'd love to read about it ALL. 

New posters always welcome :-))

I visited my friend of over 50y last weekend BECAUSE she said my confidence in her to CREATE an apartment balcony garden was what inspired her to do just that lol. She had never gardened before and the abundance I saw on this little balcony was AWE inspiring all right. WOW. 
She's even growing some food lol! 

I've been super creative at work, something I needed a lot of courage to go out on a limb to do with the clients. A NEW program introducing deeper understandings of Culture, mental health AND sustainability lol. 
Now everyone wants to do it lol. 

I'm creating a peaceful bedroom space for myself, now my kids are doing the same which is wonderful to watch. 

Last of all which could have been first because it's the biggest, is my idea for a new business concept. 
We've already started creating it and it could be completed by end of next year, no hurry. 
It's very exciting! 
Can't wait to get it online. 

Love EM