FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

BB Arts & Crafts Circle

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey wonderful people!

I take delight when I read about what other people have made themselves; from art works to sewing to knitting to ANYTHING!

The CREATIVITY in these forums is astounding.

The skill set is pretty mind blowing too.

It warms my heart to know that Arts and Crafts are being enjoyed by so many of our members.

Please feel welcome to SHARE your past, present or future projects with us all.
Or even what you'd like to learn how to do.

Any gift ideas are most welcome too!

Love EM

95 Replies 95

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion
An excellent thread idea EM.

Creativity and mental illness often go hand in hand, thank goodness there is a positive amongst the suffering.

Between 1992-1994 I was unemployed and wondered how to supplement my income. I drew plans for a cubby house with attic windows. By Xmas I had 14 orders all painted bright colours.

Then I built a locomotive on top of my ride on lawn mower. Then 2 carriages and a red caboose. The train could carry 19 children. I took it to shows. Very successful.

I also designed my own model airplanes and loved building them.

I've just finished building our Kit home. Currently building the verandahs.
Cheers

TonyWK

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Em great to see you got this thread going.I will post some things I have made later.
Mark.

OMG Tony WK! WOW!

JUST BLOW THIS THREAD out of the water with your first post here!!! 😂😂😂

Your creations are A-MAZ-ING! You just made my jaw drop to the ground lolol.
And your poetry on other threads evokes so many other emotions too.

Thankyou!

I love that you turned a very hard time around, used your creativity and SKILLS lol, to work hard, bring joy to so many children and make some money too!

The locomotive... omg, you're so clever lol.

Your kit home... well it's just beautiful you can make a home for you and your partner.
Love that.
"We" are hoping to build a cabin / bungalow in my back yard later later... my BF is drawing up my designs in a program he has, I've given the "Design Stage" 1 year to get right. Maybe we'll do some ground works during that time - maybe not lol.

Thankyou for your post!
EMxxx

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Mark

Lol aren't we just "two peas in a pod"! lol! We have so many past times in common.

Thankyou!
I look forward to reading about your creations!

EMxxxx

I went through a painting stage and have lots of acrylic and oil paintings. I have sold some of them.

Then I discovered painting by numbers. I've done around 12 or so.

🌈

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi everyone I got started in woodcraft by making a possum house for someone who asked me to.I thought that would put my cabinet making certificate to good use.My then girlfriend at the time who became my wife said it was so good I should sell them and said I should make bird houses so I drew designs for them as well Mine I painted them to look like shops or houses with different designs and I started selling them at the markets and then one day at the markets a lady said she loved the design but could I make one it a mailbox instead of the birdhouse so a week later I had it finished and she loved it.Then a lady came up to me and said would I be interested in selling my my woodwirk in a craft shop so I ended up joining and then a lady came into the craft shop wanting a doll house and I started making doll houses.I ended up selling through two craft shops and markets on a Sunday.I haven't made much in the last couple of years due to my mental physical health deteriating.I am still involved in one craft shop mostly take plants and jam there these days.I also do metal craft as well making things at of horse shoes and old roofing iron.i can leave that for another post.
Take care,
Mark .

Hey monkey!

You and everyone is proving Tony WK right by sharing all your creative endeavours here!

Painting is awesome monkey and you sound like a very talented Artist.

Do you frame and hang all your artwork up?

Do you give some away to ppl?

I have lots of Alexa's art work and a gorgeous sculpture she made.

Do you find it relaxing?

Love EM

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Mark

Your timber work sounds awesome!!

I'm sure all your pieces have brought alot of joy, happiness and beauty to people's homes and gardens!

Not to mention GREAT houses for wildlife lol!!

Thankyou for sharing Mark. Can't wait to read all about your IRON WORK next omg, you're so creative.

EMxxxx

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

hi mark that is so cool

what a beautiful artistic expression

sounds like u have a real talent