FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Want to but scared to share my bisexuality on social media.

Mudcakes
Community Member

So basically my Mum knows I’m Bi.

My “best friend” does. (Kinda complicated) And two fellow lgbt friends that I’m yet to speak in person (One at school, one not) some people in a private group chat.

Somedays I want to post stuff you know? Quotes or something.

I have pins my Mum got me but I’m scared to wear them.

I guess some days I just want to share on facebook or instagram a picture but then I feel scared. I also feel like it’s a private thing no one really needs to know except close friends, close family and obviously future partners, but at the same time every now and then I just want to. Any advice on if I should or if I should wait until I’m really ready and not feeling scared. In my other threads I have spoken about my current school experience. So this might make that worse too. I don’t know I just some days what to just post and smile.

21 Replies 21

Hi Everyone,

We appreciate the community coming together to support Mudcakes in this thread. We’d like to further acknowledge the unique life experiences and adversities faced by individuals who identify as part of the LGBTIQ community.

We are stepping in to remind the community of our guidelines for posting in this section of the forums which can be found here: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/sexuality-and-gender-identity/important-info...  

It is important to highlight that this section of the forums is and always will be a safe and supportive place for LGBTIQ people to connect and engage with each other about issues related to gender identity and sexual orientation in relation to one’s mental health and overall wellbeing.

Individuals who may not identify as part of this community are welcome to support others in this forum provided, they respect that this is primarily a LGBTIQ space.

For further information and resources for and about LGBTIQ people we’d encourage you to visit our resource page here: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/who-does-it-affect/lesbian-gay-bi-trans-and-intersex-lgbti-people 

If you have any further questions, concerns, and or feedback about posting in this section, please feel free to contact the moderation team at modsupport@beyondblue.org.au .

You are so brave!!

I am bi curious too so i just want to send you lots of rainbow love

🌈🌈🌈🌈