FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

LGBTIQ+ Not conventional? you are still a jigsaw piece.

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

We have around 8 billion people on the planet now. Imagine if we were all one piece of a jigsaw puzzle? And lets say that if you were uncertain of your gender, gay, lesbian....anything other than heterosexually inclined...those pieces were painted white and that puzzle was complete, 8 billion pieces. Well IMO the puzzle  would look very peppered with splashes of white everywhere.

We humans are different from each other (lets not include twins/triples etc). We are unique and I'd argue we are all individually wonderful. But in my mind it never was that way.

At age 16-35 I grew up in the 1970's and 1980's. Working in the defence forces  my homophobia was along the then traditional lines. I was no different to the next guy. We banded together like wolves after prey. I was disgusting, when I recall my level of hatred. And now in recent times I read my Facebook friends, wolves of a sort, and their prey are muslims. How naïve, muslims, all of them are suffering the wrath of the simpletons, attacking all because they don't have the intelligence to realise and accept that 95% or more muslims are incredibly wonderful representatives in our society. Like non muslims and the gender ostracised, they have their own jigsaw piece no larger now colourful than anyone elses.

So I feel for those people in between, off white is their jigsaw piece, wondering if they are gay or not, transsexual or not, worthy or not of anything at all. For those people are in limbo wondering, hoping for answer on forums like this one. They are alone. Other people might well have similar issues but none are at the same point at the same transition period on the same gender road of internal conflict.

So pick up your game!! You are worthy of anything other people are worthy of. Stand your ground. If ever there was a strain of people that are the infidels it is those that have not transgressed from that homophobic way to open their hearts to accept you and help you along your journey.

Your journey...is yours to own. It is unique just like you. It is colourful just like your heart and it is worthy of a good happy life no matter your decisions at the crossroads.

And guess what. That jigsaw...you can only see it from outer space its so large. You gaze down to see a huge heart of various shades of colour including white a massive puzzle now making sense. Your piece is missing as you are not there this day. And the jigsaw is not complete without it. Your piece is valuable.

Tony WK

11 Replies 11

Paul
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Ahhhh Tony,

With a tear in my eye I am lost for words except for the act of giving you a big fat hug and a sneaky straight guy kiss. Thanks for your amazing support and a call to arms for us to get together and be individuals in unity.

I was one of those naive simpletons when it came to Muslim people. I made a dig one time in front of a friend and she challenged me. She said "How does it affect you personally?" I had no answer. I had no argument with myself and no justification for me actions. It really made me think.

Now I have a boss who happens to be Muslim - he is one of the most beautiful people I know, I also have a colleague in my team who is just as lovely and very intelligent.

I got slapped and took the time to think about the BS I was re-vomiting. It wasn't hard to break free of judgement.

GLBTIQ people - no one here is ashamed of who you are. We live in an amazing time where self expression is beginning to become OK, we can spread our wings and be who we are, love who we want to, identify as the gender we feel we are (or as no gender), enjoy consensual sex with whomever we want.

Now is the time to be!

Paul xx

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Paul. Thankyou.

It all comes down to acceptance and love for each other. There are the obvious exceptions.

I cannot love a pedophile or a cruel person be it towards people or animals and I steer clear of predators of vulnerable people and I'm one.

That being said loving people that mean well, care for others or are innocent in nature is easy and rewarding.

That's why we are here on earth.

Tony WK

Embracing_Tiger
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Tony WK,

As a person belonging to a minority community, I echo that being different, expressing diversity an important and beneficial aspect to the puzzle that is humanity. Let's celebrate and encourage difference, even though it can be harder. But I urge people to consider their safety before coming out, the world is not necessarily a kind place. But there's heaps of support out there, like these forums. 

And there are many ways that our puzzle pieces connect to others outside the heteronormative binary. We are all somewhere on the spectrum of sexual identity, gender identity and intersex status. We are the rainbow in an otherwise black and white world.

ET

It's been 5 years since "Embracing Tiger" wrote the response above. "We are a rainbow in an otherwise black and white world." Well said.

And it would have been unusual many years ago, for a straight man like myself to publicly promote equality of the sexes (including LGBTIQ of course) and not be ridiculed. Sadly a couple of my "friends" I do know frown internally when I tell them my views on such equality.

Seems society has a long way to go. What do you think?

TonyWK

Good morning all . 0445 where I am . Sadly much energy is used just by staying safe , however I see little sparkles everywhere I go .

There is much love and kindness manifesting all around us that we don't notice became of its subtleness .

This space always leaves me with a half full glass . Perhaps little by little we can change things for the better by example . ( which is what I see here )

Everyone here , for whatever reason , stay safe and remember you are not alone . We care .xxx

Love and hugs , Jo W

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion
Thankyou for your post Jo..

TonyWK

Trans22
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The world is changing but the rate of change is almost undetectable in most places.  I'm not sure there is anywhere in the world where being cisgender male doesn't give you privileges over all others.  As a trans-woman, I'm seeing my level of "privilege" slowly eroding but it may never erode to the level that most cisgender females have to live with.  Despite this, I continue to wish that I had been born with a female body.

Trans22
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I love that you are looking for the positives/goodness in life.  I've started a diary/journal that focuses, primarily, on positives of my transition.  Reading part or all of it reminds me how beautiful my life is now.

Thankyou for your replies.

I've written a bit on acceptance for our mental illness. In the same way, acceptance if not being born with a female body would be a huge challenge.

(Google: beyondblue topic acceptance- is this our biggest challenge?)

You are unique,  wonderful, clever, inspiring and any other description you believe you are within the scope of realism. It matters not what anyone else thinks.

I lacked self esteem in 1996 following a suicide attempt and marriage break down so I boosted it myself (beyondblue topic the best praise you'll ever get)

Your greatest fan of yours is you.

TonyWK