FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I don't know who I am

Guest_9965
Community Member

I am 14 and I live in Australia for as long as I can remember I have been a lesbian I didn't really know a name for it but I new I liked women. recently I thought I might be Asexual but that name doesn't quite fit right. then I thought I might be demisexual but that didn't feel right either. I know I like women and not men but I don't actually know if I like women or if I have just told myself that for so long that I think that I do. I have never dated someone or even had a crush before so if anyone has any ideas please help.

3 Replies 3

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear New Member~

Welcome here to the Forum, a good place to bring problems. It is very hard to know your self in relation to many things, not just sexual identity. I do think it is unlikely that you can 'talk yourself' into anything, and if you like women then that is a starting point, no need to overthink it..

It can be very worrying if a person cannot fit themselves neatly into a particular category, however life is not always black and white. Experience, when it arrives, will tell you more. If you have not fallen in love or had a crush then it is something still to come.

Please do not rush into anything just to find out who you are.  If you think on the values the other person needs to have for you -irrespective of gender -  such as kindness, consideration and is enjoyable to be with and has great affection for you it puts the correct priorities in place . Similarly if you reflect on the qualities you can bring to the relationship, and I am sure you have many.

Can I suggest you get in contact with others who understand how things are.  The Kids Help Line is one place to start, you could talk on the phone or use text/webchat 24/7. They will give assistance in many areas including sexual identity.

You will get there.

Croix

Guest_9965
Community Member

thank you for the help I will look into it 🙂

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear New Member~

Can I suggest that it is quite a long process so no need ot hurry? Different situations will bring out different facets of yourself. Whatever label you decide on -and there may not be one that is an exact fit anyway - you are still the same person - all the good things that you are will still be there.

Croix