FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel

Imageguy
Community Member

It's been a long time since I have posted anything the last time was Fathers day 2014. So I thought I would give an update on myself. Yesterday the Federal Circuit Court ruled in my favor. Finally someone has seen tho the lies and false accusations that were laid on me by my ex partner. The last 12 months were a living hell since this all started. Not being able to see my doughter, loss of job, home and having my personal property taken by my ex partner from a storage unit and living on very little money every week. But it all ended yesterday. I will now get to see my doughter and I am happy. The rest the home gear job will all come with time. So how did I make it when I thought there was no light at the end of the tunnel? About 4 months ago I woke up one morning and decided to join a gym and I have been working out nearly everyday since lifting weights and doing cardio as well. Believe me my whole attitude did a 360 towards life. The fact was not lost on everyone who knows me. Today was my last appointment with my therapist as I now have a five year plan and a very bright future ahead of me. I will also continue to take that one little pill every night. So when all is looking bleak and you don't think there is any hope? There is go talk to someone, seek professional help, and before you know it you will be where I am today. I was a guy that was only minutes away from doing the unthinkable to myself. Have a great and happy life everyone.

Imageguy

6 Replies 6

Zeal
Community Member

Hi Imageguy,

I'm glad your life has worked out so well! Thanks for posting this, and for inspiring others. It's amazing that you have been able to turn your life around so successfully. It's nice to see that people on this forum have been able to overcome their challenges, and forge ahead in life.

Good luck for everything that lies ahead.

Best wishes,

SM

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Imageguy, I do remember your user name, but what you have posted back to us is a factual event that has turned your way, and I couldn't be more happier than than you are, so congratulations.

Can I take you back to 8 months ago and how you felt, I can't actually remember the details which I sorry for, and compare how you were then and how you feel now, you probably never thought that there was any light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how much we told you there was.

Your post and comment is a success story and again I want to thank you for letting us know, but I also hope that you keep in touch with us. Geoff.

Neil_1
Community Member

Hi there Imageguy

I too would like to thank you for coming back here and sharing your post with us.  The positiveness from your post is awesome and the end result that you have achieved is sensational.

I’m a very regular gym goer so I’m pleased that you found it to be so beneficial for you as well.  But the cream on top of your cake would definitely be the Court win and that you are now able to see your daughter – I couldn’t imagine the emotion you would have felt when you heard that announcement.

So again, thanx for coming back and sharing and like Geoff mentioned, if you feel like you’d want to stick around for a while or so, then please do, as you’ll have no doubt some very positive remarks and suggestions to provide to others;  but no dramas if you don’t wish too.    I would just like to wish you the best future that you can possibly make it and that you continue to stay bright, positive, upbeat and happy and able to handle life.

Cheers

Neil

Imageguy
Community Member
I would like to say thanks to all you guys for your kind comments and encouragements. W     

Imageguy
Community Member

Hi Guys, Just wanted to send out a big thanks for all the kind wishers and the encouragement that I had received from my posting. I was and is a long journey to get back to being happy and to look forward to what tomorrow brings. I will come back and check out post's and maybe I can be a little help to others out there!  I make it a point to remember what those dark days were like and I think the memories do make us stronger in the end. Once again guys thanks for the support.

Allan 🙂

Neil_1
Community Member

Hi there Imageguy

Thanx for your latest response back.

You’re very correct with saying:   “I make it a point to remember what those dark days were like and I think the memories do make us stronger in the end.”

Another poster wrote something similar recently in that to experience such crap and low times and be at the bottom of a pit really does help make us understand how others are feeling when they post of similar happenings to them.  Therefore having been down and so low, we are able to put forward our own thoughts, experiences and knowledge to assist the other person – or hell if we can’t do that, we can at the very least say to them that “Hey, we do understand and you’re not on your own”.

Cheers

Neil