FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

PMDD - more than once a month!

ChelseaGrasso
Community Member

I've had PMDD for 11 years now but was only diagnosed this year. Since finding out, so many things have made much more sense but something I can't seem to find anywhere is why I get it twice a month instead of only once. My doctor says that's not possible but I've been recording my symptoms for many months now and clearly get it every 2 weeks, lasting anywhere between 2-6 days. It's bad enough getting this monthly but I am so sick of only feeling normal or in control or happy just a couple of weeks at a time only to be in this hell all over again. Relationships are constantly on the mend as a result; I have to keep backtracking and explaining myself to friends and family and apologizing for my behavior. Is there anyone else out there who experiences their symptoms fortnightly?

2 Replies 2

JED1980
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey

Thanks for reaching out.

I don't suffer from this condition, but if i was in your situation and you have a log of your symptoms when they occur etc, i would perhaps look at getting a second opinion from another GP.

A referral to an OBGYN may also help, as dealing with this might be in their wheelhouse.

Take care of yourself

Jx 

Anonymous112233
Community Member

Hi, 

Just decided to look on this forum myself, hence replying now. I’ve had it a similar time since a teenager and undiagnosed until recently also. I also seem to get the pmdd symptoms twice / month. I also get a mini period (2 days, very light) in the middle of my cycle as well (I was putting that down to the reason)?