FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Online dating

Lonely22
Community Member

Hey every1,

so recently I'm looking into online dating sites but keep hearing negative feedback, that these sites have terrible male female ratio (1f to 10m, rediculous right), that many come across nothing like how they convey themselves, that it's so difficult to maintain online chats let alone actually get a date out of any of it, that it's a waste of money/time.... I mean, what alternative do I have, I'm unsocial and social anxiety and useless conversationalist. Idk, I hate competition like this, in social circumstances, I don't compare to any1 else, I'm always last choice, if choice at all (I've only ever gotten rejected asking women out) so until sone1 proves to me otherwise, I'm not relationship material, so why bother.

30 Replies 30

I also have the same story with online dating apps. For the past two years I've been using one and the same dating website and I'm currently dating a guy whom I met there. I'd give an advice to everybody who wanna do the same: don't be stiff to people as they feel it. You may be such a great person but no one will notice bc you put yourself into rigid boundaries and you'll never get along.