FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Need advice, heart broken

theaussiedude
Community Member

My ex broke up with me, we had the most respectful, caring, supportive, kind relationship, we both said we are perfect together in so many ways, we had qualities that are so hard to find in someone, had so many things in common, the feeling of being safe in each other presence, two of the nicest people ever who generally cared about everyone.

And she broke it off because I was taking too long to open up and let her in. I have a letter, I express myself better in words than verbally and I am not sure if it's the right thing to send. I'd like to get some advice if its a good or bad idea?

It's just been a really tough few weeks, I lost the love of my life, my dad's cancer is getting worse and my mum finds out next week if she has motor neuron disease.

I'm no spring chicken, I live with my mum at the moment caring for her as she has a disability when I get home from work, and it's all becoming a bit too much.
It's hard to work, I'm trying so hard to be a role model to all my students, and I on the verge of just crying in class

26 Replies 26

Should I mention that I had a promise ring to give her?

I sent the letter today, I have nothing to lose!

How did you go after sending the letter? Hoping that there have been some positives for you. Good luck and best wishes.

Got a short text saying this will be the last time we speak 😞

Hi theaussiedude,

That sounds really harsh from her and must be very upsetting for you. I would give her some space and try to occupy yourself with other things. I know that will be difficult but I suspect you will start to feel better if you distract yourself with positive things - like school, your students, going to the staffroom and having chats, social activities.

Be as kind to yourself as you seem to be to others.

WaterFront.

I am truly sorry aussiedude, you must be hurting quite a bit.

Very sorry to hear that op, try to look after yourself it really helps.