FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My wife Left me Sept 21st

Brad49
Community Member
After my wife gave birth I lost connection with her I tried getting it back but couldn't.. She was distant... Next thing I knew I found out she was having a Affair. The first time she came back she said she only did cause she loved me. I tried putting a stop to it.. But the other Guy kept chasing after her.. and she had more and more secret liasons. Until finally in September this year she decided to leave me for the other man.Its been 2 months now . I'm on meds anti depressents and anxiety pills.. I'm doing my best to move on. Its so difficult. The problem is my wife is very nieve(all her friends tell me) and was manipulated into this relationship. She lost all her friends and family by being with this guy.They told her not to do it. And recently I cut her off from access to her son. She has no money no job no government benefits and is sponging off this new boyfriend. The problem is even after everything shes done I still love her very much. I'm dating I'm seeing other women. I'm going to the gym I'm getting trim taught and terrific. I keep on waiting for someone to tell me that my wifes relationship with her boyfriend is over.. I know Affairs don't last long but is it just me thinking that this relationship shes in wont last?
48 Replies 48

There
Community Member

Did you give her a time where she can call and express any concerns about your son? Or talk to him?

I’m not sure if this is good advice but stick to your guns and don’t answer. You’ve said you don’t want to hear from her and by her calling she is not respecting your wishes. I hope that’s not too harsh to say. Gain a bit of control back in your own life Brad. You shouldn’t be putting any stress on yourself worrying when she’s going to call. It’s not fair on you.

J x

Brad49
Community Member
well My wife was in tears when i left.. I think i was getting through to her finaly!Her and her boyfriend have been fighting a lot last few months.. I need to explain first that my wife has been refusing to accept any responsibility for looking after our son.She has refused mediation.. Doesn't want to look after our son but visit only.. Anyway i walked in and said "I miss you every day,I still love you very much,I expect you to come walking down the street home to me all the time" I said its got to stop.You have to stop calling me.The Reason why you are blocked on facebook and everywhere is because i dont want to speak to you... if you want to see your son get a court order. Hopefully she will stop harrasing me now and leave me alone.. ( I know she wont, She will call after easter or in a few weeks when shes fighting again with her bf) Personally I just wish all this pain would stop.. She doesnt want to come home until its really over with her BF.. i dont like being Backup Plan B i really dont...

There
Community Member
Do you want her back Brad?

Brad49
Community Member

I never wanted her to leave in the first place.. My wife is very Naive and Immature. She was manipulated into leaving.Ive been told this by multiple friends of hers. My worst fear was that some sweet talker would come along and grab her and thats exactly what happened... He has her at the end of a rope performing tricks for him..

Its all seems pointless as long as he is with her and sprouting his BS to her she will stay..

There
Community Member

How have you been Brad?

It’s not fair. None of this is fair. I’m sorry you’ve had to go through this.

J x

Brad49
Community Member

No its not fair.At least my wife isn't calling its been over a week maybe she listened to me.... Then again Though im sure she will call again soon. Give it a few weeks..

Brad49
Community Member

well its been over a month and no calls..

doesnt stop me pineing for her and missing her though..

when will it ever stop?

Brad49
Community Member
well i unblocked my wife from my phone a friend concinved me that it would be wise to keep a open line for my son. that was early in the morning.. at 630pm she send me a message saying she wants to buy me a birthday present.. and to message her at work when her boyfriend isn't around.. it makes me think that my wife has No idea whats shes doing...

Brad49
Community Member

Now she is saying we can never be a couple again because my family hates her...