FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Is it to early to move on

pat06
Community Member

Hi all

me and the wife separated about 8-9 weeks ago. she left and took the kids and I haven't seen them (long story). I don't think there is reconciliation. one day she says yes another day its a stern NO

anyways is it to early to go out on a date with another girl?

15 Replies 15

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Pat, yes the same happened to me, especially when I employed younger staff.

Geoff.

pat06
Community Member

Hi Geoff

I started see a new girl and as it turns out we have the same interests (camping, 4wding, fishing, trying new things. it is early so we are just taking easy (the occasional sleep over lol) I have explained my circumstances and she is ok with it all which was a relief. she does have 2 boys 9 and 10 and they are excited to meet me..

I have found out that there is no chance of reconciliation with me and my ex so everyone has told me to live life and have fun, so I am

hope you are going good

Pat

Guest_1584
Community Member

Sounds nice the pat , l guess if it's all good with you and your emotions in all this then why not. Strange how she's even told her kids about you so soon though, it's advised a good 12mths before they meet someone new for obvious reasons and only then if it's a def' long term thing..Anyway , you seem to be coming out of it all in a lot better shape than l did that's for sure so half ya luck. All the best and hope things go well with the lady.

rx

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Pat, I'm also pleased for you and I hope you will catch more fish than I did on my last fishing trip, all I caught was a toad, a $100 toad, that's what it cost each of us to charter a boat.

I hope all the furniture and the rest of the goods have been split up as planned.

Geoff.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi, what I mean by a 'toad' was meant to mean 'toadfish', the ones that blow up and only a couple of inches long, didn't even feel its bite.

Geoff.

Juliet_84
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Pat06,

Glad to hear things are working out well for you. Just be aware that women frequently test men during the start of a relationship to see what they are like so even if you think she is ok with you checking out other women and she’s pointing them out to you, just be careful. I’m not a particularly jealous person, never going through phones or checking up on partners, but I will be mistrustful if I think someone has a wandering eye.