FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I want to see my family overseas

be_yourself
Community Member

My ex won't let me take our children with me to see my side of family overseas. So I asked him to look after them while I'm gone. He refused. I can't take them with me, I can't leave them with him.

How can I solve this matter? Can I talk to social worker at Centrelink? I don't want a lawyer involved for so many reasons. 

2 Replies 2

WaterFront
Community Member

Hi be_yourself,

I don't have any practical advice to give you I'm sorry to say. I just wanted you to know that you were heard here on the forums. I can imagine it must be very sad and frustrating for you to be stuck where you might feel like you can't find a solution to this problem. If you don't want to involve lawyers, then maybe a chat with the online option here might be able to point you in the right direction for how to get some advice. Without knowing the details, I have to say, it does sound like your ex is controlling or trying to control you.

Let us know how you get on, though only if you want to and feel up for it.

WF

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear be_yourself,

Your ex..is your ex, you don’t need his permission to go overseas and visit your side of the family….do you have any family members here that you could leave your children with, or maybe even your ex’s parents?….(your childrens grandparents)…

Kind thoughts,

Grandy..