FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I think I want to break up with my partner ..?

thoughtscollide
Community Member

Hello everyone..

I don't know whether it is because of my depression, or whether I really want to? I feel awful because she is good to me, she has helped me so much this year. I feel ungrateful because of her generosity but I don't think I am in love with her. I have been working on myself these last few months, it has been long overdue. But, I just keep having this thought that we are not right. I just feel awful and sad about it. I do really care about her but something is not right. I don't know what it is. I love her but I am not in love with her. I would rather be honest with her than keep on going like this. I keep waiting for the 'right time' knowing full well that there is no right time. Thanks, I hope I made sense

13 Replies 13

MarkJT
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Queseyoya, your husband's situation aside, how are you looking after your own mental and physical health? Times like these can cause us to eat poorly and neglect ourselves.

Please make sure that you are being kind to yourself, eating well and don't hesitate to seek out a GP if you are feeling that your mental health is dropping. You can also post in here and get support.

Mark.

Queseyoya
Community Member

Hi Mark

Thank you for your kind words. I really wasn't coping and felt as though my world was caving in. I went to see my go to get a referral for a councillor so that I can begin my path to recovery and acceptance of the dissolvement of my marriage so suede. I am on mild medication that has helped with the stress and anxiety I was enduring.

MarkJT
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Queseyoya, that is so good to hear that you have began your own path to recovering. Well done.

If you need to, consider opening up your own thread on how to keep moving forward on this so the conversation is entirely pointed towards you.

Mark.

Queseyoya
Community Member

Hi Mark

Thank you for your support. I have opened up my own thread 'husband has left ' in the hope I could gain some insight.