FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How can I start to heal

nathan_sch
Community Member

Recently I feel like I have changed as a person. This person is not who I want to be. Depressed, no energy, in a constant state of anxiety??….I have never dealt with this my whole life and all of a sudden I feel like I have been thrown in the deep end. Where do I start ?? 

3 Replies 3

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Nathan,

Thank you for sharing how you're feeling with us, we're glad to see you on the forums.

I know this feeling pretty well, I tend to cycle in and out of periods where I feel like this. It's great that you've recognised that you're feeling like this and would like to take steps to make yourself feel better, that's a great start.

Firstly, have there been any significant life changes or events that may have set off your feelings, or have they come relatively suddenly? 

Are there any people in your life who you would feel comfortable confiding in? Are there any people in your life who you know have been through anything similar at all? Social support can be a great way to start your healing journey.

It may also be useful to keep a journal of how you're feeling. Whether you're writing down what's happened in your day, keeping track of solutions, writing letters that aren't intended to be sent, or even just writing for the sake of writing, journalling can be a great way to express your emotions and recognise what you may need to do to resolve certain situations or make yourself feel better. 

Would you be comfortable speaking to a professional, like a GP, therapist, or psychologist? They may be able to offer you some great tips to try or advice that resonates with you.

Take care, and please feel free to chat with us more if you'd like.

SB

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi there Nathan,

I am sorry you are feeling like this. You are not alone, a lot of people experience this. Sudden, prolonged mood changes are often a sign that something may be going on, and it is probably a good idea to get it checked out.

I would suggest going to your GP and talking about this more. If they think it is something like depression or anxiety, they can get a treatment plan started for you 🙂

As sbella02 said, make sure you lean on family or friends for support if possible for you. It is nice to have a listening ear and someone to support you at appointments etc.

I hope things improve soon,

Jaz xx

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Nathan_sch, no one ever wants to become depressed because it changes everything in your life, your relationships, work or school and how you want to function.

We never can predict if we are the next person to become affected and there may not appear to be any reason why it happens and that's the most confusing point.

If you try and solve or overcome this feeling by yourself then there's a possibility that you could get worse or just go around and around not achieving any positive result.

Self medicating also is not going to help you, so the best option to start is by talking with your doctor, easy said than done at times, because apprehension may develop and you could be worried about talking to them, but they are there to help their patients with everything.

Please get back to us.

Geoff.

Life Member.