FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

End of Undefined Relationship

lizziebunny
Community Member

The guy I have been seeing for 1 and half year just ended whatever we were 2 days ago because he said he can't cope with the unhappiness we both have and yet he still want to celebrate my birthday with me today. I know I am the person to blame for this to happen as I have been unhappy he is still in touch closely with his ex and had brought up this issue quite often lately. He has assured me that there's nothing happening between them but yet he doesn't want to have define our relationship partly because she will be hurt.

He said he still want to be friend with me because he cares of me, but at this moment I really can't maintain as friends knowing my feeling on him is still so strong. However I did agree for tonight's dinner as this might be the last time I see him. Also, tbh I am still hoping maybe he will change his mind after that, which I truly know it is impossible.

I have been thinking if to accept maintain our friendship as I also care of him very much and I hope I can continue support him but I know if we continue in touch it will be very hard for me to move on.

I feel very sad that I can't even say we have "break up" as we never have a proper (defined) relationship.

10 Replies 10

Hi lizziebunny,

Thank you for the update! 🙂
I am so glad you are feeling much better. You are so worthy! I was talking to a friend recently and she told me that she never realised how unworthy she used to think she was and when she was beginning to grow her worth and self-esteem her outlook started to change. It can be so empowering to be kind to yourself and value yourself.

I think that it's great that you are learning about attachment styles as well. I really like learning about myself too!

Here for you! Anytime!