FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Break up

Imogen2
Community Member
It has been six months since my ex ended our 1 year relationship and I can’t seem to let him go. He has blocked me from calling him. It’s a nightmare he is in my thoughts the moment I wake up.
16 Replies 16

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Imogen2

Good to hear from you again. It's great to hear you in a lighter mindset today- try to harness that feeling. Recognise what got you there, so you can do those things when you find you need to get yourself there again. Documentaries work wonders! So can visiting caring friends. Giving up can be a struggle, as you say- would you like me to link some resources for you to navigate through that? It's ok if you aren't ready to open up romantically again either- that just takes time and self-compassion.

Tay100

Imogen2
Community Member
I will be fine thank you shall stick to what I am doing it seems to be working.

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Imogen2

Ok, glad to hear you have things that are working for you- feel free to check back in at any time, we are here to listen 🙂

Tay100

Imogen2
Community Member
Sorry to share this but I am in a bad space, missing my ex so badly that I don’t want to be here I can’t see me living without him. It’s silly as he doesn’t care about me treated me with no respect but this love just won’t die. I have tried to forget him but of course I will never for it took me 3 years to find him and when I did it was good but I blew it being obsessive and possessive.

We're so sorry to hear how much this is impacting you at the moment, Imogen2, please know that you are not alone. We would strongly encourage you to speak with a counsellor at Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467, as it sounds like you may be struggling with some intense thoughts. If at any point you become an immediate danger to yourself, this is an emergency and you should contact triple zero (000). 

Imogen2
Community Member
Thank you. My neighbour is coming over, he just rang me to ask to go out for a drink but I declined saying not wanting to be in public so he is calling in when he gets home. Thank you

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Imogen2

That's good to hear that your neighbour hopefully able to help you in the comfort of your home- was it helpful to have that support? How are you feeling more recently?

Tay100