FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

2 under 2

emilou
Community Member

Hi all, 

I'm just wondering how many of you out there are parenting 2 under 2 and how are you coping with the load? I feel like we're living in a 'no village' society and with my husband having gone through bipolar manic episode a month after the birth of our son it's alot. I almost feel like it would be easier if he wasn't here but I still love him however I also feel like he is putting his own needs over our children. He goes out most nights after work to sit in the spa and sauna and go skateboarding and getting home when all the evening stress of putting the babies to bed is over and I'm struggling. Is anyone else in a similar situation and feel like they need to prompt their partner to help with every thing? Trying to work through a roller coaster of emotions and hard without the support. 

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hi emilou,  

Thank you for sharing this here. We can hear it’s a hard time for you and your kids. Well done for sharing this with the community during such a difficult time. The lovely people here will have kind words, advice and understanding for you.   Is there anyone that you feel able to talk to about this? It sounds like you could do with talking things through, so please don’t hesitate to give the lovely Beyond Blue counsellors a call on 1300 22 4636 or speak to them on webchat here.

We can imagine how hard it must be to be supporting your kids through this while going through this experience with your partner's mental health. We’d recommend having a chat with the Family Relationship Advice Line on 1800 050 321. They offer free advice to families going through issues. There's also Parentline – both of these organisations offer advice, support, and you can talk it through with them. 

It’s also important to check in with yourself while you’re going through this, so it might be good to have a look at our pages on looking after yourself while supporting someone. There’s a useful part about how it can affect relationships which might be useful to you, too.  Thank you again for your courage and strength in sharing your story here. Our counsellors are here for you, anytime you’d like to chat. 

Kind regards, 
Sophie M