FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

life transitions!

Flower Earth angel
Community Member

i cant cope with the changes in my life

ptsd/disabitlies/ emotional dysregulation/ sensory ear disorder

depression

i cant let go of my cat to be buried

i live alone and not ready to invite a random ndis worker in my home to help me to decide waht to do

any suggestions

goodnight

88 Replies 88

Hi Flower Earth Angel

I don’t think there’s any right or wrong answer to your question. It all depends on how you feel.

Do you think it could bring you comfort to have a similar looking cat? Would the familiarity help you?

Or, do you think it would be painful? Would the new cat trigger memories of the unique cat you lost?

If you think it would be comforting then it makes sense for you—really doesn’t matter what others may think.

Is there another reason why you’re considering a similar looking cat?

For what it’s worth …

After my dog died I specifically wanted a dissimilar looking new dog. I didn’t want to be reminded of the dog I lost and I didn’t want to be “looking” for her in the new dog. Does that make sense?

But that’s just me. And, to be honest, all animals have such unique personalities that I’m not sure it really mattered. My dog is the opposite of the dog I lost in appearance and personality.

Are you thinking of a kitten?

Kind thoughts to you

someone said when your ready to love another cat again u will get one

but i cant love cos of trauma anywayy from ex

im gonna be waiting centuries lol

i jsut found cats to be so spiritual - like me 🙂

one of the support workers FINALLY and im so greatful took him to be cremated

but she found NO parking on the busy ROAD

he is now at her place

This cat just doesnt want to be cremated

she said we can bury him there but i wish i could bury him here

i have very nosy neighbours and they will tell the strata

i think renters cant

i really dont want cremation but if his buried at hers its gonn abe too far for me

it was so nice hearing someone say to my face today you are a lovely and so thought ful person

helped shift some of the blame and guilt energy in my head

Hi Flower Earth Angel

I’m so glad that you’re getting some help from one of your support workers.

Totally understand your concerns about burial at her home or yours. Such a shame she couldn’t get a parking spot at the crematorium! Perhaps she could try again?

I’m really sorry about the bad experience you had with your ex. I think it takes a long time to recover from trauma, so please don’t give up on being able to love again. Take all the time you need to heal and see what evolves.

My life has had so many unexpected twists and turns that I have vowed never to say never. It’s a journey.

Kind thoughts to you

i booked the psychologist today its in 20 minutes

then the grief counsellor

tmrw is teh truamaa counsellor

next year it will be just me and the bible

thankyou so much for all your help my friend

Hi Flower Earth Angel

You are doing an amazing job organising support. I know how hard it is to pick yourself up and start the process. Well done to you.

I really hope the appointments go well and I’ll be thinking of you.

I am so grateful for the opportunity to “talk” with you. And I am so glad that our communication has been helpful to you, too!

Post any time.

Kind thoughts to you

h eis getting buried today

May he rest in Peace

Amen.

I hope this will bring you some peace of mind.

How did you go with the psychologist? Are you feeling any better?

Kind thoughts to you

Happy new year

havnt been on here in ages

back to the bible

psychologist isnt been helpful with the grief so i dont talk about it with her anymore

the pet grief cousenllor is on the 11th but will prob just talk about the burial

im still wating for the support worker to bury him my cat is with her

we ordered some items so i can plant flowers over him

i miss him alot today

been looking at his pics a bit too much

this isnt good for my ptsd and panic disorder

Happy New Year to you, too!

It was lovely to hear from you again, although I'm so sorry that you're struggling to process your grief and having such a tough time. I'm curious, why is the psychologist unhelpful? (you don't have to answer if you don't want to, no pressure) Do you want to try sharing more about how you feel here? I'm happy to listen and try to help.

Grieving is a universal, yet highly personal experience. When I lost my dog I missed her like crazy for about a year. I kept expecting to see her every time I walked in the door or walked into a room. It just takes time to get used to the new situation, Flower Earth Angel. I promise you, it can get better.

Your burial plans sound lovely. I really like the idea of planting flowers--such a lovely way to honour your cat. Are you dreading the burial or hoping to do it soon?

We buried our dog under a tree on our property. My husband said a few words, my daughter made the headstone and we shared some of our favourite moments. It was difficult but I felt better after "the service". I felt like we had honoured our dog and family member in the right way and said proper goodbyes. For me, it was easier after the burial.

You hang in there and post any time.

Kind thoughts to you

i live alone so im thinking if i should get another pet

i also wanted to move cos my ptsd is really bad here with the neighbours

i stopped talking to them all since my cats death