FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

life transitions!

Flower Earth angel
Community Member

i cant cope with the changes in my life

ptsd/disabitlies/ emotional dysregulation/ sensory ear disorder

depression

i cant let go of my cat to be buried

i live alone and not ready to invite a random ndis worker in my home to help me to decide waht to do

any suggestions

goodnight

88 Replies 88

im proud i posted in the suicide group

thats took me 6 years to do

oh they deleted the post said i had this post here and it was too similar

i may need to delete this post

😕

Hi Flower Earth Angel

If you need to delete this post, I understand.

Kind thoughts to you

its ok i guess

i didn tknow u cant post in two groups

can i ask what ur thoughts are about getting a kitten this time not adult cat taht looks like him

or i am thinking foster caring is probably better for my circumstances

but not now i mean in the future

i cried for hours last night remebering moments and ill be hoesnt it felt worst letting it out

and my ear disorder and ptsd got worse

Hi Flower Earth Angel

Sounds like it’s really rough right now. Hugs to you.

Does talking to lifeline help? Please don’t hesitate to ring them if you need support or 000 in an emergency.

I hope you are able to at least sleep. A good night’s sleep would be really helpful right now.

Kittens are totally gorgeous but a lot of work and an enormous commitment. I like the idea of fostering a cat —at least until you’re feeling a bit better.

After my last dog died it took me a year to be ready to get another. But so glad I did.

Hang in there.

Kind thoughts to you

i had him 1.5 years nearly

but it felt like the whole 12.5 years

i did some research and it said cats live 12-15 years i think i didnt realise this and thought 19 but that is very rare and depedns on the breed.

i had a cry now but it felt needed i also realised i have videos of him and that made me feel safe

im sure my ptsd will trigger more painful moments andi need to be careful who i open up to

🙂

Hi

I’m so happy that you found the videos and that it made you feel safe.

I’m sure that you and your cat had many precious moments over the time you were together. I think it’s lovely that you could care for your pet in her/his later years. It would be so sad for any animal to be alone when old and vulnerable.

Hope today was a better day for you 🙂

Kind thoughts to you

i got a grief counsellor for pets

but she is triggering my disabitleis and ptsd

need to work on blame and guilt

god bless

Hi Flower Earth Angel

I think it’s great that you found a grief counsellor. Perhaps if you gently provide the counsellor with some feedback it will become a more positive experience for you.

I hear you with regard to blame and guilt. My advice is to let it go. I know that’s easier said than done but just keep working on it. You’ll get there.

Kind thoughts to you

is it wrong to get another pet that looks similar to my old cat

i think withmy existing mental health issues and other disabilties the blame and guilt will always be there