FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

When buttons get pushed

Speak Your Truth
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Can anyone help ? My buttons have been pushed to the point of bringing on severe anxiety. Does anyone think this is curable ? I am desperate to feel relaxed and at peace again and to be able to enjoy my life. I don’t know how to cope
286 Replies 286

Why is it so ?

I’m still having an awful time getting my anxiety under control, and I am so so tired. The reasons for it are still as I’ve said above. Yesterday I thought I was showing signs of the meds kicking in, but today that feeling is gone, very disappointing. I went out for a while today to a supermarket, had coffee and a little food and just from that came home exhausted by the effort, the noise, the people, kids crying etc.

The circles keep on forming.

Does anyone have an encouraging ‘recovery’ story - I need encouragement and to not feel so alone with my problems. I would love to hear good news.

Does anyone else have the experience of feeling better and stronger giving someone else support on this forum, but not being able to do the same for themselves. I do and I can’t explain it.

Hey SYT 😊

I've seen you round the forums.

I'm sorry you're feeling so ancious and awful at the moment.

I don't have a recovery story for you I'm afraid, but i want you to know you're not alone.

There are lots of us who feel the way you do i reckon.

Going out i find exhausting as well. Gosh, if i don't have to leave home i don't! I love being at home.

Not sure what i am saying here, I'm pretty sure this will not be an edifying experience for you, but just wanted you to feel less alone xo

Thankyou Birdy, I appreciate that. It does help to read thoughts like yours. xo

Yeah it helps not to feel alone doesn't it?

What are you up to tonight?

It's like, 7pm, and I'm wanting to go to bed. I'm convincing myself I'm not 150 years old by saying to self: well, daylight savings just finished, so really... it's actually 8 o clock by my body clock.

Wow. What a party animal..

Well this party animal has lasted till 9.45. Woo hoo !!! But this is early for me when I’m not so down. Sleep well Birdy 😴 💤

Speak Your Truth
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Is anyone there to talk with ?

I feel awful today. I thought the meds increase was kicking in, but it’s seems to be one step forward, one step back. Or maybe one step forward, two steps back.

I’ve done so much sleeping lately. I slept long last night and woke 10.30 this morning and I’m feeling uncomfortable in the gut, I think for the lack of any sort of exercise. There are things I could be doing at home and things I should be going out to do but I have no motivation at all. All I seem to be able to do is sit or lay around.

Can anyone talk with me ?

Hey SYT,

Sorry you're feeling awful today ... having zero motivation is the pits, I've had some of that myself lately, even the smallest tasks seem too hard sometimes.

Is there something you can think of that you could do that would make you feel a bit better today?

Hi birdy and thanks for your reply

What I would love to have is a cuddle with someone I love who loves me - but that isn’t going to happen. To have a cuddle would be a gi-normous help. But I t’s what I want, not what I could do 😔

It’s not unusual lately for me to take a while to wake up properly, but somehow I forgot about that this morning. I’m feeling a bit better now, so I’m going to make myself go out to do what I need to do.

hugs 🤗 to you xx

Well i am very pleased you are feeling a bit better now 😊 sorry there's no chance for a cuddle, i know sometimes that's just exactly what will help ...

I hope getting out and about helps you to feel even better as you go through your day.

Hugs back to you SYT, enjoy your chores etc 🤗

🌻birdy

Hi Speak your truth,

Exactly cuddles are everything some times. That human energy can set us free. Do u have any friends you can cuddle or you might have to seek this. Lots of people in the world needing cuddles. I trialled meds but are off them now. Just not my thing and I gave them a go to make sure. I believe severe anxiety can be tamed and cured. I jump in swimming pools and swam for hours, even with no motivation i just do it & find it can normalize you, deep breathing, music, driving, walking work for me as well.

Perhaps you need a good vent?