FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

When buttons get pushed

Speak Your Truth
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Can anyone help ? My buttons have been pushed to the point of bringing on severe anxiety. Does anyone think this is curable ? I am desperate to feel relaxed and at peace again and to be able to enjoy my life. I don’t know how to cope
286 Replies 286

Thank you Hanna for your post. I hope you are well and making progress, even just a little bit, with that awful gas leak problem. I hope you and Sam are keeping warm too, I’m sure you must be with the lovely soft blankets and dog coats you have bought.

So I don’t repeat myself so quickly, please read my post to Grandy.

Yes we are getting cold winds and some rain, so winter is edging ever closer, but I’m keeping warm and taking care. Possum is always well. He is always happy just being with me either outside in the sun, or preferably on his doggy bed inside - he loves his comforts, it’s the staffy in him 😍

I made a typo in my post to Grandy 🥴 - I sent her “bug hugs” - I meant “BIG hugs” so I hope she reads this post.

bye for now Hanna, and BIG hugs to you too 😘🌺🌷🦋👍

Hi Cala,

We are having really icy weather here with fierce winds and some sleet - not nice at all without cosy cafes etc to go into. Oh well this morning there was a break with a bit of weak sunshine and I took Mr Sam for a bit of a stroll and we had a coffee in the park, it was fairly pleasant, now it's come over very overcast again. Poor Sam is not coping with the cold very well, plus his tummy problems have flared up a bit.

Glad you've been busy around the house and Possum keeps well. I have good books to read, music to play, and movies to watch. It was nice to be able to get out this morning though. I hope you're not too cold where you are. I noticed the shops here have mostly opened again which was nice to see, but the shopping mall was a bit too crowded and I'd rather not be there when it's that busy, I had to pop in for something unfortunately. Anyway take care, keep warm, sending warm wishes xoxo

Thanks for your reply Hanna

Hello Cala...🤗..

Are you okay sweetheart?....

I had a smile on my face when I read bug hugs...That’s so cute...I knew what you meant dear Cala...and I felt it as I read it....

I understand about loosing the art of conversation..I have started stuttering because I’m not sure what and how to say things face to face....even over the phone lately...

Good girl..limiting the news and what’s going on...We need to only know about our lockdown rules...maybe once a fortnight..I get my information from the coronavirus app...it’s gentle and not heartbreaking like the tv...

Cala....please look after you the best you can..you have a beautiful fur baby that loves you unconditionally and you need to be healthy to play with Possum as well as walks...

It might be a while until things go back to normal...When it does.I’m going to ask you now Cala...to please be very careful and continue with the washing your hands and gloves etc..until we know for sure that we are safe.....Hun..what are you missing the most about normal?...🤗..

Okay precious lady...I won’t talk to much..really want to return those big hugs you gave me....and a beautiful 🌹 rose, so you can remember how beautiful your heart is and how beautiful our universe is...

Good night Cala...here if you want/need to talk..I hope you have the most refreshing sleep tonight..

My care, love and hugs to everyone...🦋💜🤗.

Grandy...

Thanks Grandy for another lovely reply 🤗😘. I’m not doing very well - I’m just no good at being isolated at home, it’s cold weather 🥶 so not nice being outside and there’s nowhere to go away from my house that is warm, so I’m stuck. I’ll try to get back to you soon. Bye for now, Cala 👋😘🤗

Grandy I’m so sorry. Sometimes I’m really thick, I think my brain has gone to mush with all this isolation.

I'm sorry because I didn’t ask how you are. So how are you ? I know you live somewhere where it is much colder for you than here where I am. I hope you have a good heater and soft snuggly blankets that you and your fur buddies cuddle up with together. I think I remember that you get snow where you are, or somewhere not far away, so that’s definitely worse there. Here today the wind felt like it was coming from a snowy area though.

And you Hanna must be feeling it badly too. It’s not an easy time of year for us southerners.

I hope you are both staying healthy. Hang in there ladies. Be strong. Be safe. Take care.

with warm hugs 🤗🤗🤗 from me to you and everyone, Cala

Hello dear Cala...🤗..

Thank you so much for the big hugs...I had a bit of a chuckle with the bug hugs...I thought that was so cute...

Thats okay sweet lady...about asking how I am...Well...I am really struggling with missing my weekly support helper’s visits..They were the only real conversations that I had...and now I have just my dogs to talk to and me...and I am sick of talking to myself....

The snow falls around 70 klms away but has come as close as 9 klms..Yesterday morning I had sleet on my car, fence grass etc.....and frozen water pipes....It’s cold...but I prefer it than winter...I like getting all rugged up and going outside to feel that fresh icy air on my face...

Cala....Do you have heating at all...a floor heater, aircon, or fireplace to keep you warm....I have a floor heater I use, I get a bit concerned because my dogs lay that close to it I’m scared they’ll get heat stroke and be sick...Mostly I snuggle up in bed early and play games on my iPad, or select a family movie to watch Netflix on my iPad....

Sweety....Things will get back to normal soon..hang in there lovely lady....We can do this together, here for you when you need to chat....about anything you want to...

Sending you my care, love, and big bear hugs dear friend.🦋💜🐻🤗..

Grandy..

Thank you lovely lady Grandy for your reply. Cala 💐

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Cala and Grandy,

It's certainly cold where I am, thank goodness today is sunny it's the rainy windy days that I can't cope with! Cala I hope you're managing, and Grandy I just wanted to say I think you live somewhere in NSW? We get snow around here where I am in NSW... anyway just wanted to say if you would like to chat you're very welcome on my thread which is, has anyone gone days without anyone to talk to, we chat about our dogs etc. Katy has gone off for a while but I chat with Paws, Calmseeker and anyone else who pops by. Just wanted to say you're very welcome, we all live alone. Hugs all round!

Hello Grandy and Hanna. I really hope your days today have been better than mine. I’ve had an awful time.

Its pointless to have done so I know, but in these difficult days we are all having it’s not surprising when we overreact to things - and that’s what I’ve done. Overreacted 🥴😓

Because you are both dog lovers and have had to deal with their health issues I know you’ll understand. Somebody came to see me today in an official capacity, business wise, but wouldn’t come into the house if my dog was in the same room. My Possum is the gentlest, most affectionate dog you could ever hope to find and he is much loved and really is like my child to me. If it was my child they had refused to be in the same room with I probably wouldn’t feel any different, although I would have sent them on their way in that case. As it was Possum had to go into another room, but I was really quite upset to have to do that. I did take it personally, which is kind of silly. It was company policy and wasn’t personal to the person concerned, me or Possum, just company policy.

After that person left I had to take Possum to the vet. He has had a growth that I’ve been monitoring and it has been getting bigger and the vet today said “it’s a melanoma but I don’t think it’s cancerous” 😓 - so I had to leave him at the vet overnight for pick up tomorrow. (And after I’ve paid $200.)

I am so worried about the outcome and will be devastated if it leads to bad news. It may not be bad news at all and I’m worrying for nothing though. I feel absolutely lost without him tonight. I’m a misery.