FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Should I just suck this up?

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

OK, this isn't easy for me to write bcas I respect police also but this is my situation.

I aparantly unlawfully entered a friends property, that's right a friends property. He wasn't home and I wasn't believed. Anyhow I was put in a mental institution. I preferred the hospital choice over the police station choice thinking I'll be in there for a couple weeks.

3 months later I came out overmedicated feeling like shite...misdiagnosed with a mental illness as a " safety net" seriously!!!!

3 months of my life where I couldn't work, and live my normal life. Inclosed in a small space, going crazy.

Should I just " suck this up". ?

2,270 Replies 2,270

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear MM~

Well I guess I found you 😊

Now I"m not exactly sure of anything either, and do not know what has been happening to you. I can see my response to you from a couple of weeks ago after you had been talking about your crash and the after effects.

I hope things have settled down. I think if you reply to my post here I will (probably) get to see it.

Croix

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Yay back in touch with one of my dear friends here. 

Magic just a quicky for now. 

Unable to see your last posts atm but following you and can see replies to this through email notifications. 

You amidst many here are in my thoughts often. 

Hope you're travelling well dear girl 🤗 and that your Nans settling more. 

Catch ya properly laters when these issues are sorted. 

Take care darlin, Aunty Bunny's 🐇 always sending good vibes and chocolate...well crumbs anyway 😂

Go easy lovey and everyone ☺🕊🐒🐇🌞

Hey monkey
How are you doing? 

I've been away for a while and it's nice to catch up with the forum buddies. 

Sending a whole pallet of chocolate with ZERO calories lol, just because Deebi only left you crumbs. Cheeky of her... Hey Croix! 

Talk soon I hope,

Love EM

Hey Monkey, I found where to find you! 😺

I was looking in Last to Post, but the trees weren't trembling!

So I found you somewhere else & clicked your name there, & found your profile, & discover this Discussion/thread is yours! & how you recently posted here. That's that way, I thought, I'll go/come here.

It's like following chocolate crumbs through the forest! (thanks DB, for those.)

How you been?

I must admit the post you made to begin this thread was rather startling. It astonishes me what can happen so easily to people. Before I say more, I think I would like to go & read over the first days of this Discussion/thread.

Got something I need to do now, so later,

💖💖💖💖

mmMekitty

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It's so great to hear from all of you on my thread- hello!!! I didn't think I'd hear from anyone after the forum changes so it's really nice to see all of your messages! 

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I'm going to write a post but I doubt anyone will know I've written here so I'm assuming I'm more or less writing to myself. These new forums are not as good as the old ones and they should seriously bring the old ones back. 

Just a bit of an update- work hasn't been giving me any shifts so I've had no work for a while. My grandmother has caught covid in the nursing home and my mum has been sick with the flu. Thankfully I haven't caught it from her. 

I'll be getting an update from work shortly so hopefully they've given me shifts for next week. 

The good news is my insurance company gave me the excess back from the accident because I wasn't at fault so I have a bit of money saved now to go towards a new car. 

I'm a bit lost for words now as I don't have much else to update you on so I might go. I hope my post finds you all well 😉

Hello Monkey, 😺

You have brought me some good news. 😺 It seems in as short supply as decent toilet paper, or in some places,any at all.! 

Indeed, try to hand onto that money from the insurance. I think it is a great idea to put it towards a new car. 

There are several problems withthe new BB forums. I worked around most. A few make me want to shake a few trees, though. I feel I spend too much time going from one page to another, trying to keep track of what is being posted to, to a limited degree. I cannot go off looking for newest posts; it'sbecome too much for me right now.

There are still a few people I am wanting resume talks with. When, it's so hard, because my legs & feet get restless & painful, so I have to sopt & not be sitting at my PC so much either, limiting my time to search & post. 

I like the auto-save, except it announces itself audibly, to me so frequently, interrupting while I am trying to write posts. Very distracting from what I am trying to think to write.

I hope I will see you later.

💖💖💖💖

mmMekitty

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Magic.....🤗..

I really am so sorry that your grandmother has contracted COVID and you mother the flu....prayers for them both and my deepest wishes that they will both heal quickly...

How wonderful you got some insurance money for your car....Its a good start to help you with your savings....Wow isn’t it hard to even save a dollar these days?.....Wishing you all the best luck I can for you....Hopefully you’ll start getting some shifts at work soon....

How are you, yourself managing and feeling these day sweet lady?...I do hope your doing okay...

The new forums are hard to work out...I nearly gave up trying...I had so many tears trying to work it out....but all my friends, you included mean so very much to me, that I kept on trying....I know how to work the “All Discussions” and “Your Discussions” buttons...buts that’s about it...for now it’s enough to keep in touch with my beautiful forum family....which I absolutely need in my life...Please Magic, don’t give up trying to navigate these forums...you are a very valued member here and we not only live and care for you...but we need you as well.......

I hope tonight is a great night for you....

My kindest thoughts, my love and care and of course a gentle, warm hug 🤗..

Grandy...

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Helloooo dear Monkey and wonderful friends

Gosh that's tough not getting any shifts at work. How does next week look atm? 

Double gosh that Nan has Covid and your mum has the flu! So difficult not being able to help them in close proximity. You'll all be in my Prayers. 

SO happy for you that you got a refund from your Car Insurance (miracle really! lol). So that's going towards another car? Pretty tricky doing life without a car but sometimes I seriously can't stand the expense! Once the kids leave home or get their own cars and licenses AND if I ever retire, I'd really like to do away with a car and just ride my BIKE. Close to public transport here so that could also help. 

You've been facing lots of challenges lately Monkey. How are you doing overall? 

Yep I'm finding the new forums very difficult to maintain which threads I've replied on. 

One way we can help each other is just to click "Support" whether we agree or not lol... then it shows in our Notifications. Elongated way to try to maintain contact but it's the only way I can think of with my limited knowledge of the site. 

Love EM

Hi Ecomama, Grandy, MmmKitty and all,

I did actually get some shifts this week then they cancelled all our shifts so no work again- oh well, better luck next week. 

With the insurance they took out a chunk for themselves. I didn't realise I was in a yearly contract with them paying month by month but apparently I had to pay the balance?

Eco getting around on a bike sounds like an excellent idea. Yep I hear you with the expense of cars. 

I've been doing well, even with everything going on. I've been focusing on losing weight which has been exciting, I love watching the scales go down. 

Grandy I'll stick around even though Im against these new forums for us all and wish they would do all of us a favour and bring back the old forums. 

I care about you as well and have come to love and care about the ppl on here as well some of you have been there for me when I first started over 5 1/2 years ago. I don't want to give that up. This place has been a valuable source of support and strength for me.